Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by djenkins6
Upgraded z10 to Os version 10.2.0.810 and after going through the agreement screens, the display shows black and can't use the app, waze is version 1.101.9655.0, several other people reporting same issue on Crackberry forums.
djenkins6
Send a message

Post by Donkeyfumbler
Firstly, thank you for releasing a BB10 version of Waze. It's much appreciated, as I've just swapped from Android to BB as a work phone and wouldn't know what to do without it - Waze is easily my most used app after email.

I've not experienced many problems with it and am quite happy with the way it works, apart from the fact that, because it is based on the Android 1.36 version, it has the very annoying bug where it automatically zooms the map when you are stationary for more than a few seconds.

Can you let us know what future plans are for Waze on BB10? I'd really love an update so that it uses the most recent Android version.
Donkeyfumbler
Send a message

Post by Donkeyfumbler
Ironically, sideloading the latest Android version onto the Z10 with 10.2 seems to work much better than the 'official' version in the App World. Can't believe it would be that much work to update it, but more than Waze are prepared to put in by the looks of it - shame, as not everyone is prepared to sideload regardless of how easy it might be.
Donkeyfumbler
Send a message

Post by Donkeyfumbler
sdgardne wrote:
Donkeyfumbler wrote:Ironically, sideloading the latest Android version onto the Z10 with 10.2 seems to work much better than the 'official' version in the App World. Can't believe it would be that much work to update it, but more than Waze are prepared to put in by the looks of it - shame, as not everyone is prepared to sideload regardless of how easy it might be.
Hello!

Which apk version did you use, please? I've found a bar for 3.7.2.0 and am attempting to get it running now (first test was failed...app would not even launch...rebooting Z10 now to see if that cures) and an apk for 3.7.3.0, but nothing trustworthy for 3.7.6 (the latest, AFAIK)...there was a site with 3.7.6, but I did not trust what they presented, and so won't download from them. I have not yet attempted extracting the 3.7.6 apk from Google Play...

Thanks!
I'm using 3.7.3 which I got (via an Android phone) through Google play before the most recent update. I'm also using the first unlocked Android runtime which was released, which may make the difference. The runtime is no harder to sideload than an ordinary app and almost all my android apps work, except those that use the Google Maps api. Can't see any reason not to use it.

Waze has worked fairly much perfectly.
Donkeyfumbler
Send a message

Post by Donkeyfumbler
I am running official 10.2.0.1791 but using the first unlocked runtime that was released as I believe it is still felt to be the most reliable.

I really hate the way all of these releases have different numbers, but the runtime (for whatever reason) shows as 127.0.0.595.

Not sure what runtime fixes you mean - I simply sideloaded the runtime and then sideloaded Waze 3.7.3
Donkeyfumbler
Send a message

Post by Donkeyfumbler
sdgardne wrote:
Donkeyfumbler wrote:Not sure what runtime fixes you mean - I simply sideloaded the runtime and then sideloaded Waze 3.7.3
Article ID: KB35312 Android applications will not open or run after upgrading to BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.2.0.x
http://bit.ly/18LRpBX

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore ... t/39879918

Edit -- Oops...after posting, testing the link to the KB works, but the BBworld entry is no longer valid. Not sure what they did there...not sure why they would remove it from BBWorld.
Ah, so maybe your problem is that you are still running the official (locked) Android runtime rather than using an unlocked version like me.
Donkeyfumbler
Send a message

Post by Donkeyfumbler
sdgardne wrote:
Donkeyfumbler wrote:Ah, so maybe your problem is that you are still running the official (locked) Android runtime rather than using an unlocked version like me.
Quite possibly...I had thought that the runtime they released in BBWorld was unlocked, as it indeed fixed some issues I had with other side-loads. But, perhaps it's not truly unlocked. When I get time, I'll need to do some more experimenting...hmm, "spare time", what a concept!
Nope - the official one has always been locked (so far), but the fix you mention did make it a bit more compatible with some apps. Installing an unlocked version will make a massive difference.
Donkeyfumbler
Send a message

Post by Donkeyfumbler
Good to know. The ability to sideload apps without having to convert them first, or just being able to download and install them from some of the various app marketplaces is certainly an exciting development for Blackberry 10.

It should mean that we can soon ignore the fact that Waze don't seem to be bothered about updating their official version of the app at least.
Donkeyfumbler
Send a message

Post by eryanc
I'm using a Z10 with OS 10.2.1.1055 installed. I downloaded Waze version 3.7.6.0 from 1mobile app store and it installed fine. However, I noticed that when navigating, the clock on the app is behind by 8 hours. My time zone is +8 GMT. Anyone else notice this?
eryanc
Send a message

Post by Flhoest
HI There,

Just a quick note : I'm also using Waze for BB Z10 in Belgium and I really love it. I just expect that the two major issue for me will be resolved soon : ETA in GMT and the score board page. For the rest I really cannot complain this is stunning ! ;)

Cheers,

Fred.
Flhoest
Send a message
Frederic Lhoest - Cerfontaine, Belgium
Samsung s10e
Road King !