The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by jasonh300
mdqueenz wrote:
Type: General error
Description: traffic moving good
Reported on: yesterday
Geez, they complain about everything!
Frankly, I'm surprised at the restraint in using the F-word in URs in your neighborhood! :lol:
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
joshellis625 wrote:Type: General error
Description: frozen
Reported on: December 15
Go South, it's 70 degrees in New Orleans.
bscharff wrote:...
Isn't it great when they take the time to type in a detailed explanation, yet give no useful information whatsoever?
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
Ayzmo wrote:Type: General error
Description: direction of my car is incorrect
Reported on: yesterday

The image looks like the person did donuts in the middle of an intersection
Probably holding the phone in their lap. Whenever I ride in someone else's car and run Waze, my GPS is all over the place. In either of my personal vehicles with the Waze windshield mount, I can tell what lane I was in most of the time.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
RodNav wrote:
Description: told to turn left 200m after the road
But you posted the report exactly at the intersection where waze told you to turn left, which you didn't obey. Or is there another way to interpret the description.
Most likely told to turn onto a different road, and by the time it was reported, Waze had already recalculated and given the route that you saw.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
daknife wrote:Unless it's Doc Brown Driving his Delorean
GREAT SCOTT!!!
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
khaytsus wrote:A bit off topic, but.. jolly.... sign placers?

Hint: Hotel California

http://goo.gl/maps/jyAS6
The Department of Transportation was in need of help, so they enlisted the IGN team. :lol:
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
bscharff wrote:Yup.
Yeah right...Sasquatch doesn't live in Texas.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
AndyPoms wrote:Wait, are your pedals backwards over there too?? Normal cars go Clutch, Brake, Gas (left to right).
Whoa...this just completely blew my mind. How about the gear pattern? Is first on the left or the right? I know Reverse is totally in the wrong place on my BMW. I've also heard that the turn signal stalk is on the right side and the key goes on the left.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
AndyPoms wrote:
General error (user reported)
Description:
roundabouts are called traffic circles
We can't make a Connecticut specific translation, although, what are they called around the US? Which is the most popular? I know "roundabout" is a British term, maybe it doesn't fit the US English translation.
I had never used the term "roundabout" until I started editing Waze maps. However, I knew exactly what it was. I called them traffic circles before, however they weren't prevalent enough that I used that term on any kind of regular basis either.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
General error somewhere along the lines of: This street has the wrong street name. I drive here every day and report this every day but nobody ever puts int he correct street name. Please fix the street name...

continues another 1000 characters or so but never once includes the correct *^%@%<# street name! Come on! You had to have pulled over and typed for 10 minutes to include this description, but you couldn't type in a 7 character street name? What the hell is wrong with you!?
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message