Vehicle types/ Navigation types

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Vehicle types/ Navigation types

Postby leocylau » Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:39 pm

Volum1 wrote:Are there any news about putting on a road a "weight limit"? In my country (Estonia), there are many cities, that can't allow trucks above 8 tonne or so. That idea, in my opinion, is brilliant.

+1
leocylau
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Andres-3 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:21 am

Are there any news about putting on a road a "weight limit"? In my country (Estonia), there are many cities, that can't allow trucks above 8 tonne or so. That idea, in my opinion, is brilliant.
Andres-3

Postby Olestas » Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:51 pm

Please people, just do not use waze with bikes or pedestrian. For now at least.
Olestas
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby fvwazing » Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:33 pm

Cross-bikes??? As I made the image of the trail next to the stairs, I just missed the opportunity to catch a mother with toddler in a seat, she was too fast. And no cross-bike involved, no helmets even. And no navigation too.
fvwazing

Postby top_gun_de » Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:43 am

Well, there are bikes, and then there are bikes. These ways are just fine for a cross-bike, but not for an ATB or a standard city-bike. They serve their purpose: Everyone expects a different thing from bike-ways, just like a truck driver has different expectations of car-navigation from the driver of a limousine.

Best regards,

Detlev
top_gun_de
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby fvwazing » Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:38 am

I can see REAL tracks made in the park, in the fields.

[ img ]

[ img ]

(2 bicycle shortcuts out of 14-16 leaving my hood)
So... would you expect to map this, then? Google does not know these, of course, and if any of you advocates even TRIED using Google's routes on a bike you would see the ridicule of it all.

[ img ]
(14min? More like 3 or 4 in RL)

I would say: first make Waze work the way it was promised 3 years ago - for cars.
fvwazing

Postby Riamus » Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:43 am

Yeah, I support biking and walking options that don't contribute speed data. From the Google acquisition, biking is coming, so chances are that walking will also. I can see GPS marks in local parks already where there aren't any roads.
Riamus

Postby khaytsus » Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:13 am

A bicycle mode that does not contribute traffic data or errors would be nice, so only routing. Even cyclists sometimes need to know the shortest road path to a destination. And if in the future we had a "Bike Lane" attribute for roads, all the better.
khaytsus

Postby AndyPoms » Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:05 pm

dfellow wrote:Just started using Waze. Finding it a nice app. Now see that I'm probably messing things up (speed reports) since I'm riding a bicycle. But, I'm able to document problems though while riding like missing streets and traffic problems, construction zones, so I would like to see a bicycle mode.

Thanks,
Donald
Waze newbie

Do NOT use Waze on a bicycle. Only use Waze while in a car/truck/etc. You are contributing false data to the system. Also, if you go into navigation mode, you will be directed to the heaviest traveled & fastest roads...

(But, yes, a bicycle mode would be nice)
AndyPoms
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby dfellow » Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:36 pm

Just started using Waze. Finding it a nice app. Now see that I'm probably messing things up (speed reports) since I'm riding a bicycle. But, I'm able to document problems though while riding like missing streets and traffic problems, construction zones, so I would like to see a bicycle mode.

Thanks,
Donald
Waze newbie
dfellow

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App