These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by danofsatx
triangle1492 wrote:planning route from ohio to indiana and i get "routing server internal error". the "error" goes away once i have gotten onto a freeway or highway nearby. i dont have the problem with simple intra state routes? any help or ideas? :?:
Depends on where you're starting from. If you're in a rural area that hasn't been touched since base map imports, Waze doesn't know the directions of any of the surrounding streets, so it doesn't know how to get you out of there. Once you're on a freeway that an editor has confirmed, it can figure out how to get you to Indiana from there.
danofsatx
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
The Wazer previously known as Dan_in_TX.

L4 Area Manager: San Antonio Metro Area
L4 Area Manager: Lufkin TXDOT District
L4 Area Manager: Upper Ohio River Valley

[img]https:///mAisJ[/img][img]https:///MnAzv[/img]

Post by Dazwold
Hi, Long time user, first time feedbacker...

Firstly, I'd love to know the algorithm for selecting Night Mode automatically. Back about 6 months ago, it worked flawlessly, flicking over to night mode at dusk, and day mode at dawn. Use it during the day, and it was in day mode. Since about 4 updates ago, the Auto mode is very hit and miss. I wonder if it has anything to do with Regional settings, which are set to New Zealand, and the clock/GPS time shows up correctly.

On a slightly different note, since the upgrade to 3.7.2 on my Motorola Actrix, Android version 2.3.4, I have had the night mode flickering at me - the display seems to update once a second, and shows alternating positions for street names, and then back to the original position. I have tried reinstalling the App but no change.

Other than a few niggles, still the best SatNav and social App ever!
Dazwold
Send a message

Post by deeggo
timcastro wrote: Unfortunately, I'm having the problem drummer83 used to have. I have my Screen Timeout set to 1 minute, but the Timeout will not initiate when I'm running Waze. However, if I use a different App (e.g., Google Maps) and run Waze in the background, the Timeout will initiate properly after 1 minute.

Samsung Galaxy S3
Android 4.1.2
It is perfectly normal behavior for the screen to not timeout when Waze is on the foreground. Wouldn't want it any other way. It would be a PITA to have to touch the screen every 59 seconds while driving.
deeggo
Send a message
Global Champ. Country manager Nederland & België
NL: Wiki: hoe label ik een (snel)weg correct?
HTC One M8 | Follow me on Twitter
Join Dropbox, free online file sync! Register through this link and give you and me 250MB extra for free. Thanks!

Post by deeggo
drummer83 wrote:
deeggo wrote:
timcastro wrote: Unfortunately, I'm having the problem drummer83 used to have. I have my Screen Timeout set to 1 minute, but the Timeout will not initiate when I'm running Waze. However, if I use a different App (e.g., Google Maps) and run Waze in the background, the Timeout will initiate properly after 1 minute.

Samsung Galaxy S3
Android 4.1.2
It is perfectly normal behavior for the screen to not timeout when Waze is on the foreground. Wouldn't want it any other way. It would be a PITA to have to touch the screen every 59 seconds while driving.
In Settings-> General there is the option "prevent Auto-Lock". When deactivated the display will switch off even when running waze. When activated the display is always on.
Mine is ticked on indeed.
deeggo
Send a message
Join Dropbox, free online file sync! Register through this link and give you and me 250MB extra for free. Thanks!

Post by deeggo
cowwoc wrote:Hi,

I am running Android 4.3 under Google Nexus (Fresh install, a week old). When Waze is configured to output on the phone speaker there is a noticeable delay between:

"In 400 meters" and "turn left". By noticeable delay, I mean 2-3 seconds.

Can you reproduce this issue?

Thanks,
Gili
Hi,
I've seen this reported on centercode too. I've submitted it to bugs.waze.com under bug number 5151.
deeggo
Send a message

Post by dejee
when i try to connect my waze with foursquare i get this problem.
waze has a configuration problem and was unable to connect to your foursquare acount.
cause of error: invalid_token.

i have the app on my galaxy s3 and it working normal. i tryed to do several things but still keeping the error.
i have version3.7.2.

can you pls help me

i try to deleted app and to reinstall it again but still getting same error
dejee
Send a message

Post by deleteFL
This seems like a silly problem, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to turn off voice prompts. Whether I [de]select "Play sound to phone speaker" or turn "Prompts volume" all the way down, Pandora streaming via BT is repeatedly interrupted for the nav prompts I don't need to hear.

I'm 95% sure that, before 3.7, "Level of guidance" could be set off completely. Now I only see two options, "Directions only (with themes)" or "Including street names". I've gone through every single menu in the app, and can't find anything else that's close.

Am I going crazy, or was this changed on purpose?
deleteFL
Send a message

Post by difi69
wastedavid wrote:I have the same problem with crashes after 5 or 10 secs, sometimes Waze doesn't even start.

Samsung Galaxy Ace GT-S5830M
Android 2.3.6

Samsung Galaxy Ace II GT-S6810L
Android 4.1.2

Same problem in both mobil phones
I'm experiencing the same thing, waze keep crashing and this is happened after the last update. I'm using Samsung S3 with 4.1.2
difi69
Send a message
https://sign.wme-tools.com/images/signa ... -small.png
Samsung S4 | Android 4.4.2 | Waze 3.8.1.0

Post by direwolf1
alanmv567 wrote:Anyone else getting waze crashing when getting to a stop? I'm on 4.1.2 for my S2. Also it crashes when trying to access the scoreboard for my waze
Yes it is a big problem for me too. I have to restart Waze over 20+ times in a day. It happens on spouse's phone too. Waze 3.7.2.0 Android 4.1.2 on a Samsung S II.

This issue needs to be bumped. I've also sent in debug logs and an email to the support list.
direwolf1
Send a message

Post by direwolf1
Is it just me, or does Waze crash every time it loses GPS location while at the bottom of a tunnel? Some areas like where I am, are surrounded by water, and the only way to get places is via bridge-tunnel.
direwolf1
Send a message