You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate WME version release thread found in the Waze Map Editor forum (parent of this forum).

Forum rules
You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze Map Editor forum (parent of this forum).

Feature Suggestion: Speed Limits

Post by Thalass
Hey guys. I'm fairly new to Waze, and i've been updating the map around my area as best i can since joining (especially as there have been a number of roundabouts put in lately) and i've got a couple of suggestions.

Firstly: It could be handy, especially in countries where it's illegal to tell people where speed cameras are, to have speed limit data for the roads. With the current speed limit shown on the screen (above your speed, i would guess), and possibly an audible warning if you go over. There would have to be a 5km/h or so buffer with that, otherwise it would get annoying. And of course this would be something the user could enable or disable at will. If you wanted to get fancy you could have country-specific backgrounds for it, too!

The other idea just occurred to me now: Long term reports. This would be useful for roadworks, especially where a road is closed for the duration of the work. But it could also be for things like floods or roads being washed out or snowed under. I'm not sure how you'd do it, but like the speed camera reports, there could be a "no longer in effect" popup to let the map know when things are finished, or a timeout date in the editor, or something.

Anyway, just thought i'd see what people thought. :)
Thalass

POSTER_ID:15574687

Send a message

Post by AndyPoms
Please search before posting as both of these are covered in several places.

Speed limit info is suggested several times a month - and loudly rejected each time. Waze does not have any speed limit data, just data on the speed people actually travel on the road.

Scheduled closures is being worked on for the editor - but for now check out How to handle road closures in the Waze wiki.
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ