Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Post by DFFF00
maybe waze is getting shut down slowly so people go back to gnav.
but i remember waze saying, that nothing will change because of the aquisition...

and how long can it take to ask a lawyer about the speed cam thing? half an hour? asking two lawyers just to make sure is an hour on the phone. but it doesn't take over a month, that's for sure
DFFF00
Send a message

Post by DFFF00
how can we help waze to hurry up with the decision?
should i list a few english-speaking lawyers in germany? or find a few lawyers in israel who know german law?

what is it that's taking so long?
DFFF00
Send a message

Post by DFFF00
true, waze is not speed cams only.
but guess how many would use navs with better search function than waze then?!

before, i was searching for a place in google nav, then searched for the found adress in waze.
now, google improved the places app in gnav, and waze took the speed cams out.
guess what i'm gonna use from now on for navigation.
and i'm concernedni'm not the only one thinking like that.

really: for me, only speed cams make me stay with waze right now
DFFF00
Send a message

Post by DFFF00
speed cams on g nav? that would be great!
DFFF00
Send a message

Post by DFFF00
wow thats great !
but they don't show it on the navigation screen?
DFFF00
Send a message

Post by DFFF00
you really think you'll have accidents because of speeding with 5km/h over?
no, but losing money...

in germany, there aren't that many waze users. now, just when i convinced my friends how great waze is, they take the speed cams out.

why would one use gmaps to find a location and go to waze, enter the adress and all that, when you can just stay in gnav?
it has waze's warnings and no speed cams just like waze.

what's the right to not be breaking the law?
if you really think you are right about that, then what would you say if speed cam warnings would be legal?
it's funny how people obey to the law or go what they think is the law.

in germany, it's allowed to use the high beam if nobody gets dazzled. but a lot of germans think, its only allowed outside the cities.
now, if there is a road in a city, where they need more light, the, choose to not use the high beam because it's illegal. but it's not. they do what they think is illegal just to be a good citizrn and obey.

in germany there was a discussion about making speed cam warning legal, so people know there the dangetous spots are. it'd be curious to know how the argumentation would change then... :-D
DFFF00
Send a message

Post by DFFF00
it's also illegal to not buckle up. imagine the car would refuse to start without the belt.
it's about being able to decide for yourself.

but it seems that we are just repeating the same thing over and over again.

is waze even aware that there are a few people waiting for a statement??
DFFF00
Send a message

Post by DFFF00
a statement about whats going on now. it's over a month and there are no news yet
DFFF00
Send a message

Post by DFFF00
+1
TH3515 wrote:How can you ecpect thousands of users to spend their valuable time idealistically working on improving the maps, reporting traffic, correcting errors etc. when you don't even go to the trouble of checking with a few experts that are competent in the local laws before you remove one of the most vital functions in your whole concept? This is ridiculous.
well put ! that's exactly the point. after selling a company, that's actually worth all the work of so many volunteers, for nearly a billion bucks, how can you not even pay attention to what they want?

TH3515 wrote: Don't be mislead by there being only a few responses in this thread. I bet most users never found it or didn't even look for it.
try to search google why there are no speed cams in wsze anymore: nothing.
just a link to the german waze tutorial explaining how to put speed cams on the map, saying this is not available any more, with a linknto this thread.
DFFF00
Send a message

Post by F2200
shirlig wrote:Hi guys,

We have just removed from the map all the speed cameras in Denmark, Switzerland and Germany due to it being illegal in these countries.

we are examining ways to make Waze compliant with French law as well

Thanks,

Shirli
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Waze wird somit für mich mehr und mehr uninteressant.
Kann ich meinen Tablet-PC, den ich mir gerade für die ausschließliche Nutzung mit Waze besorgt habe, wieder zurückgeben... :( :( :(
F2200
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
Last edited by F2200 on Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
F2200 https://sign.wme-tools.com/images/signa ... d-0175.pnghttps://sign.wme-tools.com/images/signa ... ones-4.png
AM: Mecklenburg & kleine Teile Niedersachsen,Schleswig-Holstein, Brandenburg sowie Sachsen Anhalt