These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by dmetkid
My app screen (both the map and car) jumps around erratically when navigating and just displaying location on map. Did not happen a week ago. Did change battery though. Any thoughts on how to fix?
dmetkid
Send a message

Post by DonRadlauer
I just checked, and the CloseIntent bug has *not* been fixed. :-(

Is this one in fact a bug, or did someone at Waze decide to take that feature out of the API?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
DonRadlauer
Send a message

Post by DonRadlauer
A couple of issues:

1) I'm still waiting for a fix, or at least an acknowledgement, of the CloseIntent bug in 3.7.

2) I'm not sure if this has anything to do with 3.7, but I'm trying to get the voice prompts to include street names (as opposed to just "turn left"). The option is supposed to be there under "Sound", but it isn't - all it has is the volume level and the "use phone speaker" checkbox. I'm running Android 4.1 (IIRC) on a Galaxy S3, in Israel but using Waze in English. (I've tried switching the navigation guidance to Hebrew to see if that might help, but it consistently fails to download the new prompt file.) Is there something I can do to make this work, or is it a Waze problem?
DonRadlauer
Send a message

Post by DonRadlauer
Andy is correct: the problem has nothing to do with the status bar, and everything to do with closing Waze from Tasker. As I wrote several times, this was working perfectly in 3.6, but it's broken in 3.7.

DonRadlauer
Send a message

Post by DonRadlauer
But can you close Waze by executing a Send Intent from Tasker (or an equivalent application)? 'Cause I had that working perfectly (to shut Waze automatically when I turned GPS off) in 3.6, and it stopped working in 3.7. A number of other Tasker-nerds have had the same problem since Waze 3.7 came out.
DonRadlauer
Send a message

Post by DonRadlauer
Maybe you'll have better luck than I've had finding out what happened - I've been trying for several days and still haven't gotten a straight answer!

DonRadlauer
Send a message

Post by DonRadlauer
Advanced Task Killer indeed didn't work in 3.6; but sending a CloseIntent with the Tasker Send Intent feature did work - and that's what's broken in 3.7.

DonRadlauer
Send a message

Post by DonRadlauer
As Superfraggle said: I'm not talking about what didn't work in 3.6; I'm talking about the CloseIntent feature that *did* work in 3.6 and *doesn't* work in 3.7. Why is this so hard to understand? Waze had a feature and it's now broken - so fix it already!

DonRadlauer
Send a message

Post by drummer83
The "display not switching off" issue seems to be fixed on my Nexus 4, Android 4.2.2.

Thanks a lot!
drummer83
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by drummer83
deeggo wrote:
timcastro wrote: Unfortunately, I'm having the problem drummer83 used to have. I have my Screen Timeout set to 1 minute, but the Timeout will not initiate when I'm running Waze. However, if I use a different App (e.g., Google Maps) and run Waze in the background, the Timeout will initiate properly after 1 minute.

Samsung Galaxy S3
Android 4.1.2
It is perfectly normal behavior for the screen to not timeout when Waze is on the foreground. Wouldn't want it any other way. It would be a PITA to have to touch the screen every 59 seconds while driving.
In Settings-> General there is the option "prevent Auto-Lock". When deactivated the display will switch off even when running waze. When activated the display is always on.
drummer83
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message