iOS v3.7 Official Feedback Thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: iOS v3.7 Official Feedback Thread

Postby sketch » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:24 pm

It looks like you're allowed to have two now, instead of just one like in 3.0. :roll:

My first one hasn't gone anywhere, and it's on a Private Road segment. My second (which vanished when I added the third, and which vanished after I tried to re-add it) and third are on Parking Lot Road segments.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby WeeeZer14 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:20 pm

All I know is for one old favorite I had pinned to a main road, I tried to add it to a newly added unnamed parking lot segment. The favorite disappears upon app restart.

I am also parking in a different parking garage since my current one is under construction. Add favorite in new parking area, and gone upon app restart.

Even if I create the favorite and use it to navigate, next time I start the app there isn't even an entry in the history list to show I did anything.

And yes, I was the one who stumbled into this in the past. I guess I like having destinations on un-named roads :) Most are parking lot type if anyone thinks that matters.
WeeeZer14

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:19 pm

sketch wrote:I hadn't heard about it before.

WeeeZer14 was the first to report it.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12608&p=106717&hilit=favorite+unnamed#p106717 :!: Old Thread. There's times when its resurfaced. Searching "favorite unnamed" brings several threads back.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby sketch » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:15 pm

I hadn't heard about it before. I added my third unnamed-segment favorite last week. Soon after, I noticed my second unnamed-segment landmark was missing, so I added it from my recent destinations. It's now, again, not in my favorites.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:13 pm

sketch wrote:
WeeeZer14 wrote:Is it just me or is the issue with having (3+?) favorites on un-named streets back? Sorry in advance if I missed someone else mentioning it.

Oh man, is that what it is? One of my favorites keeps disappearing. I have (at least) two other favorites on unnamed segments.

I thought this got fixed a long time ago? Let's make sure that is the issue.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby sketch » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:12 pm

WeeeZer14 wrote:Is it just me or is the issue with having (3+?) favorites on un-named streets back? Sorry in advance if I missed someone else mentioning it.

Oh man, is that what it is? One of my favorites keeps disappearing. I have (at least) two other favorites on unnamed segments.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby WeeeZer14 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:10 pm

Is it just me or is the issue with having (3+?) favorites on un-named streets back? Sorry in advance if I missed someone else mentioning it.
WeeeZer14

Postby AggieJM » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:00 pm

ImpairedDriver wrote:Also, when you say a "good enough network" what exactly do you mean. I have noticed since day one of using Waze that when I fall back to Edge on AT&T in the US that I do not have network connectivity with Waze. It's interesting because even in new areas that I never driven before, Waze will say that it doesn't have network connectivity yet new map tiles are being downloaded as I see the roads and such around me while driving in these areas. I also see huge gaps in the "Drives" when viewing on the website, and these correspond to areas that I had Edge connectivity (or no connectivity at all in some areas which makes perfect sense).

Thanks!

I've noticed the same thing. There are sections on some of my longer routes where I fall back to the AT&T Edge network. In those areas, I've noticed that I have no network connectivity show up if I'm in that area long enough. It has gotten better in 3.6 and 3.7, as I used to see large blank spots in the map and I would get a lot of "proceed to highlighted route" messages in those areas.
AggieJM
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby AggieJM » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:57 pm

I had more issues on Friday working with favorites. I tried to navigate to my Favorite for 'Work' and each time I selected that location, I would get errors about the endpoint. These errors appeared after it found the address, but before it calculated a route. If I manually typed in the address, I would get the same error.

It's working today, just wanted to point it out. Debug logs have been submitted.
AggieJM
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby ImpairedDriver » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:58 am

For the first one I never experienced that, and with Geocaching I'm constantly doing short routes and constantly either stoping a route and creating a new one, or reaching the destination, logging the cache, and setting up a new one. Just send your logs and go to waze.com/support, search for debug logs, enable debug mode (search for "2##2"), and after the crash send your logs and ping the guys with your approximate timestamp (local and UTC just in case).

Sent Debug Logs and email with description. Thanks!
ImpairedDriver

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App