iOS v3.7 Official Feedback Thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: iOS v3.7 Official Feedback Thread

Postby ImpairedDriver » Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:48 am

Known bugs from my knowledge, already fixed on the upcoming version:
- jailbroken devices with fake gps apps will show the map at 0,0 (won't fix )
- potential crashes with "extreme" loss of network
- potential "greyed out map" if an alert arrives during a full screen view open (e.g. reporting prices)
- crash when picking a favorite in relation to facebook events (the "home shows verified")

So if you didn't yet tried the facebook events, have no weird jailbroken software, and have good enough network, everything should just run smoothly

I have recently seen problems with 3.7 when trying to use Navigate for a location search after either stopping a navigation or after one has ended. I have not read about that in this thread, is anyone else encountering it?
Waze crashes to the iPhone Home screen.

Also, when you say a "good enough network" what exactly do you mean. I have noticed since day one of using Waze that when I fall back to Edge on AT&T in the US that I do not have network connectivity with Waze. It's interesting because even in new areas that I never driven before, Waze will say that it doesn't have network connectivity yet new map tiles are being downloaded as I see the roads and such around me while driving in these areas. I also see huge gaps in the "Drives" when viewing on the website, and these correspond to areas that I had Edge connectivity (or no connectivity at all in some areas which makes perfect sense).

Thanks!
ImpairedDriver

Postby davipt » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:55 am

ImpairedDriver wrote:
- potential crashes with "extreme" loss of network

I have recently seen problems with 3.7 when trying to use Navigate for a location search after either stopping a navigation or after one has ended. I have not read about that in this thread, is anyone else encountering it?
Waze crashes to the iPhone Home screen.

Also, when you say a "good enough network" what exactly do you mean. I have noticed since day one of using Waze that when I fall back to Edge on AT&T in the US that I do not have network connectivity with Waze. It's interesting because even in new areas that I never driven before, Waze will say that it doesn't have network connectivity yet new map tiles are being downloaded as I see the roads and such around me while driving in these areas. I also see huge gaps in the "Drives" when viewing on the website, and these correspond to areas that I had Edge connectivity (or no connectivity at all in some areas which makes perfect sense).

Thanks!

For the first one I never experienced that, and with Geocaching I'm constantly doing short routes and constantly either stoping a route and creating a new one, or reaching the destination, logging the cache, and setting up a new one. Just send your logs and go to waze.com/support, search for debug logs, enable debug mode (search for "2##2"), and after the crash send your logs and ping the guys with your approximate timestamp (local and UTC just in case).

About the second one, the issue where the client can't recover when coming from 2G/Edge back to 3G is an old one, and I'm sure it's being hard to identify and solve.

My crashes, the "extreme", were cases like turning the client on at home with wifi and 3g, leaving through the elevator to the basement, and recovering network when leaving. Or having the WiFi 3G hotspot on the car crash for several minutes. Not the typical loosing network for some seconds or minutes or changing cell areas.
Bruno D. Rodrigues | Global Champ & Coordinator for Portugal | iPhone Beta
Forum PT | Wiki PT | Facebook PT | Twitter PT
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby ImpairedDriver » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:58 am

For the first one I never experienced that, and with Geocaching I'm constantly doing short routes and constantly either stoping a route and creating a new one, or reaching the destination, logging the cache, and setting up a new one. Just send your logs and go to waze.com/support, search for debug logs, enable debug mode (search for "2##2"), and after the crash send your logs and ping the guys with your approximate timestamp (local and UTC just in case).

Sent Debug Logs and email with description. Thanks!
ImpairedDriver

Postby AggieJM » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:57 pm

I had more issues on Friday working with favorites. I tried to navigate to my Favorite for 'Work' and each time I selected that location, I would get errors about the endpoint. These errors appeared after it found the address, but before it calculated a route. If I manually typed in the address, I would get the same error.

It's working today, just wanted to point it out. Debug logs have been submitted.
AT&T iPhone 6s iOS 9.3.2
AggieJM
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby AggieJM » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:00 pm

ImpairedDriver wrote:Also, when you say a "good enough network" what exactly do you mean. I have noticed since day one of using Waze that when I fall back to Edge on AT&T in the US that I do not have network connectivity with Waze. It's interesting because even in new areas that I never driven before, Waze will say that it doesn't have network connectivity yet new map tiles are being downloaded as I see the roads and such around me while driving in these areas. I also see huge gaps in the "Drives" when viewing on the website, and these correspond to areas that I had Edge connectivity (or no connectivity at all in some areas which makes perfect sense).

Thanks!

I've noticed the same thing. There are sections on some of my longer routes where I fall back to the AT&T Edge network. In those areas, I've noticed that I have no network connectivity show up if I'm in that area long enough. It has gotten better in 3.6 and 3.7, as I used to see large blank spots in the map and I would get a lot of "proceed to highlighted route" messages in those areas.
AT&T iPhone 6s iOS 9.3.2
AggieJM
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby weeezer14 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:10 pm

Is it just me or is the issue with having (3+?) favorites on un-named streets back? Sorry in advance if I missed someone else mentioning it.
iPhone 5s (AT&T) • iOS 7.0.3 • Waze 3.7.6.0
✰ Mega Driver ✰ Mega Mapper ✰ 1M Points ✰
Country Manager: USA • Regional Coordinator: USA South Atlantic (KY, TN, NC, SC)
Navigation/Routing ExpertForum Moderator
weeezer14

Postby sketch » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:12 pm

WeeeZer14 wrote:Is it just me or is the issue with having (3+?) favorites on un-named streets back? Sorry in advance if I missed someone else mentioning it.

Oh man, is that what it is? One of my favorites keeps disappearing. I have (at least) two other favorites on unnamed segments.
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
new orleans based • detroit enthusiast • usa country manager
2013 ford focus titanium hatchback 5mt • performance blue
Image Image
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:13 pm

sketch wrote:
WeeeZer14 wrote:Is it just me or is the issue with having (3+?) favorites on un-named streets back? Sorry in advance if I missed someone else mentioning it.

Oh man, is that what it is? One of my favorites keeps disappearing. I have (at least) two other favorites on unnamed segments.

I thought this got fixed a long time ago? Let's make sure that is the issue.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ - iOS 10.1.1 | Waze v4.14
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby sketch » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:15 pm

I hadn't heard about it before. I added my third unnamed-segment favorite last week. Soon after, I noticed my second unnamed-segment landmark was missing, so I added it from my recent destinations. It's now, again, not in my favorites.
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
new orleans based • detroit enthusiast • usa country manager
2013 ford focus titanium hatchback 5mt • performance blue
Image Image
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:19 pm

sketch wrote:I hadn't heard about it before.

WeeeZer14 was the first to report it.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12608&p=106717&hilit=favorite+unnamed#p106717 :!: Old Thread. There's times when its resurfaced. Searching "favorite unnamed" brings several threads back.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ - iOS 10.1.1 | Waze v4.14
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App