These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by sketch
omba_de wrote:And if you close the app via the close button, it will remain online until all data is transferred. (You can see it next to the batterie sign. The little compass needle sign)
You mean the Home button, right?

Waze will indeed stay on in the background if closed via the home button. If you are stationary for 10 minutes or so, it will then close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • beta leader • and more • new orleans

bye bye fuelly badge! i'm an EV guy now!

Post by sketch
Oh, sorry, I misunderstood. US English clients say "Switch Off" there, so maybe "turn off" isn't such a bad translation!

I could see how someone might come to calling the home button a "close" button, since that's most of what it does—closes the current app. I think what threw me off was your mentioning the location services icon. I didn't really consider that Waze does indeed stay on momentarily to send data.

sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:

Post by sketch
Do you remember where this happened on the map? Sometimes, when a segment on the map is not named, Waze will display the name of the next named segment on the route, or the last named segment if there are no named segments remaining, but won't speak a name at all.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by sketch
unlimitedsounds wrote:this is trout road in 08012
Ah, here?

https://www.waze.com/editor/?lon=-75.01 ... TTTFTTTTFT

I would bet the problem is that Hidden Dr and Trout Rd have the same endpoints. This can cause problems with navigation.

I will leave it like this long enough for you to see it, but I'll fix it afterwards.

When you have a loop like that, where both ends connect to the same segment, navigation can become problematic. The solution is to introduce an "extra" node into Hidden Dr (or Trout Rd) so that no two segments have the same two endpoints.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by sketch
Yeah, now that I think of it, you're right. That was a Cartouche problem.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by sketch
davipt wrote:Attention that when a new version is installed, the "voice prompts" download have nothing to do with TTS - they are the pre-recorded files, used on the "instructions only" mode.
TTS voices must also be downloaded. It downloads the voice, basically, not any set of prompts, I suppose more like a set of pronunciations.
n5983v wrote:Iphone runs hot and battery life drops very fast.
This is to be expected. Waze uses the screen, GPS, and network connection pretty much constantly, so it's gonna drain the battery pretty hard, just like any other app that uses all those things. The phone gets hot because the battery is being drained quickly.

I highly recommend a car charger.

sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by sketch
WeeeZer14 wrote:Is it just me or is the issue with having (3+?) favorites on un-named streets back? Sorry in advance if I missed someone else mentioning it.
Oh man, is that what it is? One of my favorites keeps disappearing. I have (at least) two other favorites on unnamed segments.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by sketch
I hadn't heard about it before. I added my third unnamed-segment favorite last week. Soon after, I noticed my second unnamed-segment landmark was missing, so I added it from my recent destinations. It's now, again, not in my favorites.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by sketch
It looks like you're allowed to have two now, instead of just one like in 3.0. :roll:

My first one hasn't gone anywhere, and it's on a Private Road segment. My second (which vanished when I added the third, and which vanished after I tried to re-add it) and third are on Parking Lot Road segments.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by sketch
Am I crazy, or did the "Other search engines" thing at the bottom previously say the name of the selected search engine when you were flipping through them? Either way, it should.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/19/ty3uzaga.jpg
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message