Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by steveswamp
I like the features in the new release. Thanks for the hard work, everyone.

I'm on an iPad3, latest iOS 6 release.

I see the new moods for map editors, but it will not let me select them. What is the criteria for this?

Future feature request: When I hit one of the buttons in the bottom corners that show menus, I have to scroll to see all the icons. I understand this for iPhones, but the iPad has lots of screen room to show more. It would be nice if the menu would open up to the screen width, so that I don't have to fumble around to try and scroll and find the icon.

Thanks!

Steve.
steveswamp
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
Area Manager - Barbados

Post by steveswamp
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
steveswamp wrote:I see the new moods for map editors, but it will not let me select them. What is the criteria for this?
Listed in the app itself in the scoreboard section.

Thanks, I see them.

So how many edits translate in "cones"?
steveswamp
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
Area Manager - Barbados

Post by steveswamp
omba_de wrote:
steveswamp wrote:

Thanks, I see them.

So how many edits translate in "cones"?
The cones are not related to the number of edits...!
Cones are showing your edit-rights-level...

Sent from my iPad using Depperltalk
OK, I have over 2500 edits, which is rank 2. However, the mood listed as needing 2 cones is still locked. Problem, or is the system still working on this?
steveswamp
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
Area Manager - Barbados

Post by suburbandude
I just updated Waze on the iOS to the latest version and I'm experiencing these problems: (1) Facebook refuses to connect but Waze keeps on reconnecting anyway. I tried disconnecting from Facebook but I'm getting nagged by the dialog that Waze can't connect to Facebook. After a dozen attempts, I was able to disconnect it and the nagging stopped. (2) Waze keeps on refreshing the map every second displaying a set of street names one time and a different set the other time. Anyone else who's experiencing these bugs?
suburbandude
Send a message

Post by tomascw
Hi, the app crashes everytime I hit home or randomlly when pressing the menu icon. Im running Iphone 5 Up to date with no jailbrake...

Is there a date to fix this?
tomascw
Send a message

Post by treedweller
add me to the list of people who keep seeing crashes. I am on ipad2, ios 6.1.3

I can open the app and enter the first destination, but then when I get there and try to input a new address, it crashes. Every time. I also have had crash problems as described by others when I try to go "Home".

I also have a separate problem that I wouldn't have bothered to report if not already here. Often, when I try to add a stop, the navigation shows a pink route and a purple route, but the pink route does not go to the interim stop and just changes to purple when it gets in the vicinity of the stop. so far, I can get it to work right by entering the stop, going back to navigate, and entering both addresses anew from the history list (instead of typing them in).
treedweller
Send a message

Post by tvioli
I just installed 3.7 on my iphone 4s and i have no waze icon in the notification center.
How can i enable notifications???

Thank you.
tvioli
Send a message

Post by unlimitedsounds
I did the update on my 4s... My issues

1. Street names are not always spoken. Sometimes it just says in .5 milestone left or exit right and doesn't always say street names or exit numbers o major highways

2. When traffic or any event pops on screen, the news version has a big box on the left side with the info . Old version was centered and smaller .. Also text in new box is small and too hard to read...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
unlimitedsounds
Send a message

Post by unlimitedsounds
unlimitedsounds wrote:I did the update on my 4s... My issues

1. Street names are not always spoken. Sometimes it just says in .5 milestone left or exit right and doesn't always say street names or exit numbers o major highways

2. When traffic or any event pops on screen, the news version has a big box on the left side with the info . Old version was centered and smaller .. Also text in new box is small and too hard to read...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
I'm still waiting to hear on these issues... I uninstalled and reinstalled and its still sometimes just saying TURN RIGHT instead of TURN RIGHT ON XXX STREET.. it does says the street name when you get 500FT or .5 miles .. but not like it used to. it never said things like "in 1 mile turn left"

any ideas??
unlimitedsounds
Send a message

Post by unlimitedsounds
so after uninstalling and reinstalling the app, I still get only the in 2 miles turn left until I an very close to the turn where it will then say the street name. shouldn't it always say the street name? all other navigation apps do
unlimitedsounds
Send a message