Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Post by McFloyd
top_gun_de wrote:
top_gun_de wrote:Well, Waze should clarify two things:

1.) Whose legal issues are they after:
- Their own issues as a manufacturer
- The user's issues if being caught with an illegal device
- Being held liable by a customer who was caught with an illegal device

This is not yet clear...
Hi Shirli,
will there be an answer to these and the other questions in the thread? Your last posting is 4 days old.
We can discuss this in a smaller environment with the champs or coordinators of the affected countries, according to the organisational layout you posted in february. Just, don't keep the community out of the loop.
Best regards,
Detlev
Zumindest in der Schweiz sind die rechtlichen Vorgaben sehr klar:

Verboten und bestraft wird:
- wer Radarwarnungen anbietet, verkauft, vertreibt, weitergibt oder benutzt
- wer Systeme anbietet, verkauft, vertreibt, weitergibt oder benutzt, die vor Radarkontrollen warnen

In der Schweiz muss waze also gar nichts mehr abklären. Klar finde ich es auch schade, dass die Radarfallen gelöscht werden. Ich werde künftig einfach vermehrt vor vereisten Strassen warnen - auch im Sommer... 8-)

Aber langsam wird es hier lächerlich. Waze hat ja noch andere sehr gute Eigenschaften.

Grüsse
Thias
McFloyd
Send a message

Post by McFloyd
vince1612 wrote:For me and other non-german readers of this topic under "Website, Community, General ;)
:lol: My name is not Angela Merkel and the Internet is not #Neuland for me! Nope, I know the Internet and the Google translator very well. But sometimes I find the translation bad and I never want to find a hashtag about me, I prefer to write in such situations in German. Always with the hope that others also know the Internet! ;)
McFloyd
Send a message

Post by McFloyd
Ok, even if you told me that I should sit down, I rise again.

Believe me, I do not want to hurt anyone in his honor. I did not want to ridicule your questions also. If I have hurt some of you, I am sorry and I ask you to forgive me!

But I can not understand why waze is attacked at this point so hard and asked again and again if legally everything is clear and checkt by waze (at least in Switzerland). So, I don't want to spit in your soup but i wish to understand what the problem really is...

And now I sit down again and keep my mouth shut.
McFloyd
Send a message

Post by McFloyd
Taglar wrote:If waze change this - waze will die for me!
:? This statement suggests that you seem to be often dangerously and criminal fast on the road. :lol:
McFloyd
Send a message

Post by McFloyd
top_gun_de wrote:...The community wants to make their own choice.
Dear Detlev, so I'm agree. The problem is that the community can decide - but that does not change the Swiss law. I always spoken only by Swiss law. Will decide the Swiss community, we need a referendum initiative.
Of course, waze could keep the radar warning, but they would risk getting a financial penalty. More I will not write here, you can read it in my previous posts.
top_gun_de wrote:...So calling someone publicly a criminal for driving 54 instead of 50km/h is definitely wrong....
Come on! Please note the phrase "you seem to be". I have not written "you are". There is a small but important difference between "seem to be" and "you are"! And also note the smilie at the end of my sentence, that was a joke!

Best regards
Thias
McFloyd
Send a message

Post by McFloyd
Mesonus wrote:Pls remove the second point when you are sending this to users affected by the removal of the speed cams. Sounds a bit like mockery ;)
That's exactly what I thought when I read the message from waze. I felt really kidding! :evil:
McFloyd
Send a message

Post by Mesonus
GPSRitter wrote:The active use of such devices is against law.
Well written, but to concretize these sentence a bit:

The active use of such devices is against law:

-> while driving (to use such an app outside a car is not punishable)
-> if you are the driver (to use such an app as a passenger is not punishable)

That's why most of the other navigation apps in Germany have such a feature and there are a few very popular speed trap shairing apps like Blitzer.de or Trapster. And so we are afraid that this decision leads to a massive emigration of Wazers to other apps, so please decide wisely.

Best regards,
Jan
Mesonus
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by Mesonus
Yesterday I received the following message on my waze client:

http://www.mesonus.de/waze/waze_tips.jpg

Pls remove the second point when you are sending this to users affected by the removal of the speed cams. Sounds a bit like mockery ;)
Mesonus
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by milkyway35
In France, it is simple.

It is not allowed to show exact position of a fixed speedcam. Nothing, in the law, is related about policetraps, lightcam...

Software should alert about "danger areas". These areas are avalaible for download on Government web site. Shirli, i'll send you again my mail related to this.
milkyway35
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Global Champ

Waze Community Communications Guidelines
As ChiefWazer said :

Code: Select all

"We all work together for a common goal here, we all want Waze to succeed in helping peoples everyday life"

Post by milkyway35
jonypony wrote:Hi Wazers,

We're still considering the best way to deal with this issue.
We might have to make changes in the client in some countries, in order to comply with local laws.
We will inform you as soon as possible about any progress we make.

-Yonatan
Do like in France. Don't warn about speed camera, but an extended area. Plus, add the speed limit in the popup
milkyway35
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Global Champ

Waze Community Communications Guidelines
As ChiefWazer said :

Code: Select all

"We all work together for a common goal here, we all want Waze to succeed in helping peoples everyday life"