Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by orbitc
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
AJVB wrote:You flipped flopped. You stated twice (in your previous post) that a car outside of the lane is NOT a hazard, and now you're saying it is. All I am saying is if waze has a type of hazard listed in their reporting function (and they do have 'vehicle stopped on the shoulder' listed) it's fair game and reportable, no matter how minor it is. Because hazards on the road come in all shapes, sizes and situations.
I think it's a judgement call. I tend to not report as a hazard unless it's within a few feet of the roadside. But if it is 10-12' off the road, it clearly isn't a hazard and even if people are slowing down, I don't believe it warrants being marked as such. You may feel otherwise and that's the nature of crowdsourcing. :) In one minute, the next Wazer behind you may feel your marked hazard is not a hazard and has the option to mark it Not There. That's the nature of crowdsourcing. :)
I guess the issue is... If waze give us this hazard option (vehicle stopped on shoulder) to choose, people will choose it. I personally, do not like to use "vehicle stopped on shoulder" hazard and from what I see, It doesn't have much affect on the speed. People still drive faster than the posted speed limit. Of course, this is based on my GSP in NJ experience.
orbitc
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Regional Coordinator for Northeast & New England
•Tier1 •USA Coordinator •Global Champ & Mentor
•iOS & WME ßeta Tester •Beacon, CCP & Wiki Master
•Master Raiders •Localization •Content Raider

USA | MapRaid!

Post by paulkok_my
AJVB wrote:I've been using Waze for about 3 or 4 days now and during this time I have reported a few hazards and traffic situations as I had came across them. Tonight I reported a hazard on the freeway and a few minutes later I pulled over to check, and it showed as being reported by 'Anonymous'. This is odd as I am logged under my username and I do NOT have the invisible mode activated.

When I got home I check the report list in the app and my report completely disappeared. Other reports from other users were still showing. Being that I am still a new user, is my account under some type of probation period?
Hazard reports can be closed by other wazers by clicking the "Not there" button. If the hazard is still there, they might give you a thumbs up to say thanks for the heads up.
paulkok_my
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by PuroDr
Settings -> Display Settings-> Show on Map ->Hazards (turned off). After passing a car parked on the road, Waze continues to display a pop up asking for me to confirm if the car is still parked there. If I do not confirm, the pop up is locked on and I have to close and re-open Waze to clear it. All very annoying - especially since I personally do not care if a car is safely parked on the shoulder.
PuroDr
Send a message

Post by sunglowfly
waiting for your check
sunglowfly
Send a message

Post by thefatveganchef
Waze recently adjusted their pirvacy settings which is showing a lot of users invisible to others. This may also be affecting of the reporting function as well. Waze is currently trying to fix this, so in the future (no eta) reports will not show up as anonymous if you do not choose to be invisible.
thefatveganchef
Send a message