Starting to map Belgium

Post by AntwerpPeter
Hello,

I started yesterday with Waze and have already mapped about 200km. The thing is that my mappings don't show up in my dashboard or the Live Map. I know that it can take up more then 24hours to be online, but starting on a blank map it is hard to go back in memory when I want to add street names etc after a few days. Hopefully Waze can do something about the update speed of the system because I find the idea of being able to map my surroundings thrilling.

Peter
AntwerpPeter

POSTER_ID:39072

Send a message

Post by AntwerpPeter
Thanks guys for your reply.
I will wait for a few more days. The strange thing is that even in My Dashboard the number of post I make to this forum don't show up.
Also when I look in the phone app I don't see any New Points appearing. Is this normal? If something went wrong is it possible to later upload my driven routes again?
AntwerpPeter
Send a message
Peter
Using HTC Hero

Post by AntwerpPeter
This is a screenshot from my current dashboard.

Where can I find cartouche?
AntwerpPeter
Send a message
Attachments
Peter
Using HTC Hero

Post by AntwerpPeter
Found it, but my archive is empty.
AntwerpPeter
Send a message
Peter
Using HTC Hero

Post by AntwerpPeter
Those aren't mine. I have been driving between Antwerp and Brussels. I hope that everything gets updated this overnight run. Also previously told, my dashboard and archive in cartouche are empty, so I am still wondering if my data has been uploaded. It should be because I haven't had any errrors on my phone app. I find this a thrilling app and would like to contribute to it.
Oh well, I should probably just have some patience
AntwerpPeter
Send a message
Peter
Using HTC Hero

Post by enormekever
The data in My Dashboard isn't reliable, it says 26 forum posts for me, so...

Have you checked your archive in cartouche yet, if your streets aren't really available? My routes for 11 nov are already available, not for 12 nov though.
enormekever
Send a message
Regio Manager Noord-Brabant
https://img844.imageshack.us/img844/9051/1hb2.png
Setup: HTC One • Android 4.4.3 • Waze 3.8.1.0 • Noord-Brabant, The Netherlands

Post by macneo
Down on the left side, where it says "Your recent routes".
Or you can just go to http://world.waze.com/cartouche/ and click on the Archive option, inside the View Panel.
macneo
Send a message

Post by macneo
Yea. Users in Italy are experiencing longer times too… the world server in a day went from managing 50-100 users to thousands, it's probably having a hard time keeping up with all this new data.
macneo
Send a message

Post by robin1979
Shorty-CM wrote:As for street naming, I keep another browser window open, on another monitor to make things quicker, to use google maps to refer to. Makes figuring out street names very easy, if it's not obvious what they are. There's a 'PermaLink' link in the editor window. Right-click it and copy the link, and then past it into the google maps search box. You'll have to edit it to get rid of the URL stuff, but the GPS coordinates are contained in the URL.
I agree with you on everything in this post, but the coordinate stuff can be done much easier:

Just click this button (on the lowerleft of the map), and you'll get coordinates to paste into google maps:
http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/2164 ... coords.png
robin1979
Send a message
MapSquadEurope
Area Manager - Europe

Post by robin1979
AntwerpPeter wrote:Thanks guys for your reply.
I will wait for a few more days. The strange thing is that even in My Dashboard the number of post I make to this forum don't show up.
Also when I look in the phone app I don't see any New Points appearing. Is this normal? If something went wrong is it possible to later upload my driven routes again?
Since the server split this week, the point updating seems to be broken. You're points and routes shouldn't go lost however.
robin1979
Send a message
MapSquadEurope
Area Manager - Europe