The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by dmcconachie
Great news, we'll done guys!

Now get that message out there! :) Update the status page on the wiki?

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status

Post by krankyd
thank you for the feedback. we're currently looking into the problem and hopefully it will be resolved later on today. We'll keep you updated.
krankyd
Send a message
wazing like a hurricane

Post by krankyd
We're still investigating and having some trouble reproducing the problem.
If any user is familiar with firebug and can send us (to alpha@waze.com) the log of when such an error happens, it will be very helpful.
krankyd
Send a message
wazing like a hurricane

Post by majsterrr
happen exactly the same to me...
Unable to delete any segment and unable to create roundabout. ( Internal server error )
I'll try again tomorrow as dmcconachie said.
majsterrr
Send a message
Bristol UK area manager.

Post by majsterrr
This is what I found on my firebug when trying to create roundabout.
Don't know if this is what they need...

Code: Select all

<div style="display: block;" id="ajax_error" class="simplemodal-data">
		<div style="" id="500" class="error_status">The Waze Server has returned an error for this operation</div>
		<div style="display: none;" id="404" class="error_status">The Waze Server cannot be reached</div>
		<div style="display: none;" id="generic" class="error_status">An error has occured</div>
		<a href="javascript:window.location.reload()" class="first">Reload page</a>
		<a href="#" class="close_link">Close</a>
	</div>
majsterrr
Send a message
Bristol UK area manager.

Post by majsterrr
Confirmed! Its working just fine now ;)
majsterrr
Send a message
Bristol UK area manager.

Post by martynhodder
I've got firefox and i've installed firebug. Could you explain exactly what information you require?

Thanks
martynhodder
Send a message

Post by martynhodder
A bit more info if it's useful

When i attempt to create a roundabout where the road is new, the junction is new and the road itself fits within the boundaries/circumference of the new roundabout to be created then i get an error within the edit panel that says "create roundabout failed".

If I do the same thing where the road intersects the new roundabout then the error is different. It appears as a popup message in the centre of the map which says "The Waze Server has returned an error for this operation. The Waze Server cannot be reached".

If I edit an existing road and junction then I get the second error message but only the first sentence.

Quite odd...
martynhodder
Send a message

Post by martynhodder
Echoing the above comments, It appears I have permission to do everything bar roundabouts.
martynhodder
Send a message

Post by martynhodder
I've been able to create my first roundabout for a few days. Quite satisfying :)

I'll let you know if I come across any other issues later when i go roundabout crazy!

Thanks!
martynhodder
Send a message