Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Error: More than one city match

Post by trantjd
This here is driving me crazy:

http://www.waze.com/cartouche/?zoom=8&l ... FTFFFFTTTT

I've got the highway and 2 ramps that ended up sharing a single junction where they shouldn't. A while back, I would have just selected the "Bridge Over" option and separated each road from the shared junction and moved them back to where they belong. So, instead I've selected each road and the junction and disconnected them and then reconnected the road.

So far so good (even if not as easy as it used to be). But now I'm trying to move I-66's junction back down onto the highway by editing the road geometry and I get an error stating "Error: More than one city match". What is this error? I went into the road itself and saw that it had Gainesville for both the "City" and "City English name" fields, which I thought was supposed to be fine. I deleted the english name and went to save it and got the same error.

It's only when I set Gainesville as the English name and delete the plain "City" field that it will let me do anything. I thought that the City name was the real database entry and the English name was just an alias. Anybody know why I would be getting this error and how to resolve it?

Thanks!
trantjd

POSTER_ID:34947

Send a message
Waze Community Member
Area Manager for Dulles South area in Northern VA
(Aldie to Chantilly and Ashburn to Manassass)
iPhone 4 client

Post by RallyChris
If you didn't have problems editing segments of this city before. You might want to visit topic:

http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 21&start=0

This is a known issue that they are trying to track down what causes it. Otherwise the resolution is to email a permalink / city name to alpha@waze.com
RallyChris
Send a message
Portland, OR / USA - Mega Mapper
Wiki: Area Manager | Map Editing | Known Issues List
Official Suggestion Websites (hosted by uservoice):
Waze Client | Waze Website / Editor
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/d/d9/W ... 00k_5c.png

Post by The Fej
I fixed Gainseville.
We'll check the search issue - looks like it's some phpbb limitation that there are too many such results. I'll see what and if we can do about it.
The Fej
Waze Management
Waze Management
Send a message

Post by trantjd
Thanks for your help there. I'll report it to alpha.

I had tried to search for this error message to find other threads but when I search for "more than one city match", I get this error "The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: city match more one than."

Just for a sanity check, does everyone else get the same thing? This is a little infuriating. What good is a search function if it won't let me use any of those words? Neither grouping them in quotes or
using any of the advanced search features seemed to help at all.

I ran into the same issue when trying to track down some "No Permissions" errors that I was getting.
trantjd
Send a message
Waze Community Member
Area Manager for Dulles South area in Northern VA
(Aldie to Chantilly and Ashburn to Manassass)
iPhone 4 client