Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by Jimstriple
Using Android v3.7.2 I have repeatedly lost my navigation prompts while still getting alerts (e.g. "Watch out: Rain Ahead"). The only way I have found to fix this is to remove and re-install Waze.

Android v3.7.2
Motorola Droid Razr w/ Android 4.1.2
Jimstriple
Send a message
Last edited by Jimstriple on Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Jimstriple
When getting alerts (e.g. "Watch out; Car stopped on shoulder ahead") the distance given (in feet) is wildly short. It seems that the distance are very close to meters rather than feet. This is not a show stopper once used to it, since it is easy enough to compensate, but very annoying.

Android v3.7.2
Motorola Droid Razr w/ Android 4.1.2
Jimstriple
Send a message

Post by joostboers
Hi - I experience a battery drain on the above mentioned device (on Ice Cream Sandwich), as well as regular crashes/ delays (especially when there's even a slight background data activity of other apps like Gmail or Facebook - they are not open at the same time).

Also the battery seems to drain or at least not to charge when on the charger during the drive. I often drive and use Waze for drives of about an hour - on the charger I'd expect the battery getting charged quite a bit even when using the satnav (which was the case before, even on a smaller Android phone).

Thank you for looking into this! More people have this issue (see Facebook comments on posts).

(I had posted this in the feature request thread however this also could be considered as a bug. I didn't in first instance)
joostboers
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
-------------------------------------------------
https://www.feeling-healthy.net
Creating Positive Change

Fetching Waze scores with a iPhone or Android in a Lexus CT200h - or a Lexus NX300h. Based in Nederhorst den Berg (The Netherlands).

Post by joostboers
dmetkid wrote:My app screen (both the map and car) jumps around erratically when navigating and just displaying location on map. Did not happen a week ago. Did change battery though. Any thoughts on how to fix?
-> Quick fix is reboot the phone and see if it still happens. It may be a memory issue.
joostboers
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
Creating Positive Change

Fetching Waze scores with a iPhone or Android in a Lexus CT200h - or a Lexus NX300h. Based in Nederhorst den Berg (The Netherlands).

Post by joostboers
Tirbik wrote:Is there an issue selecting gas type? I cannot found the menu option under "Configuration" menu to select.

Am i missing something?

Best regards
-> My experience is that if you first log in after (re)installing Waze, then you don't have this preference. Any next time, you can set this too. Indeed, strange that it doesn't show up immediately.
joostboers
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
Creating Positive Change

Post by joostboers
Waze regularly crashes on my Samsung GT-I9070/ICS. It first can't find my location, and looses GPS. Or it just stalls (without the screen 'Waze doesn't react | report / Wait / Close' popup appearing). Sometimes it catches up the ride (which can even more than 1km). Sometimes the 'GPS Signal lost' message appears on the top of the screen and the icon of my car is in the circle. The position can be re-found, but it is likely to loose it again.

The only solution to this is to competely reboot the phone.

It occurs when data from Waze (like traffic report, fuel price) has been submitted or when other data is entering (for example mail, Whatsapp, etc) in the phone - or when I come out of a tunnel. It doesn't really make a difference if the phone just has been rebooted so memory that has been clogged up from other activity is more or less excluded. During a journey, this can happen several times.

Please have a look at this as this is hugely ennoying.
joostboers
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
Creating Positive Change

Post by jshank
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4 (Sprint)
Android: 4.2.2
Language: English
Official Waze 3.7.2 version from Playstore

Bluetooth AVRCP commands are intercepted by Waze preventing pause/resume/control of background audio app (Audible, Pandora, etc). If Waze is not the foreground app, AVRCP commands work properly.
jshank
Send a message
Jim Shank
L3 Area Manager - USA, CO, Highlands Ranch, Kently Hills
L3 Area Manager - USA, CO, Castle Rock

Post by kikouk42
Hi all,

I had many crashes (~10 times before getting someting stable) on my Nexus 4 since today where I updated to Android 4.3. I had no crash at all during my 45 km trip !

Moreover, my Nexus 4 notified me an important data consumption of Waze. Before the problem, I saw nearly each time that Waze tried to download voice instructions and never succeed. I think these crashes are related to this action.

Hope this helps
kikouk42
Send a message

Post by kikouk42
I just understood a similar issue I had with my Nexus 4. It crashed few secondes after it stard and I had to restart between 5 and 10 times before getting someting stable.

I tried to uninstall and wipe all my user data but the problem remained. Then, I saw that Waze failed to download the vocal instructions in my native language over the 3G connection. It seemed the crash was linked to this feature. So I used Waze at home and I waited several minutes for the data to be completely downloaded over the Wifi connection.

Since this time, I had no crash.

Moreover, since Google acquired Waze, there's no update whereas the applications requires major bug fixes, the support seems non-existent. I'm very disappointed with this app.

Hope this helps.
kikouk42
Send a message

Post by kiloseven
My apologies if this duplicates and existing thread; however, I have been unable to find one with the search function.

I have a Samsung S4, Android OS 4.2.2, on Cricket Wireless, which ran Waze alongside Waze Tools rather nicely for about five days. Now, when I launch the app, it freezes on the start screen and never shows any options.

I tried an uninstall-reinstall which solved it for a short period (less than a day) but when I went to start it up again that evening, it froze midway during my commute and would not respond.

I have sent two batches of data from the app to Waze, each time it happened, and I hope y'all got it.

Any suggestions/
kiloseven
Send a message