Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Business Name Changes?

Post by RSMGreg
I searched this subject and couldn't find anything, and this is my first post (I am new), so I hope I am in the right place to post a question.

I have a hotel near my home that's name changed several years ago and still shows the old name. Is there a way to change business names such as this?

Thank you.

Greg
RSMGreg

POSTER_ID:15807033

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
RSMGreg wrote:I am not sure what you mean by this as I am still learning. Are you saying I cannot change it? Should not change it? Find a different way home? :D
Within the Waze landmark database, in the US, hotels should not be mapped by the current US mapping guidelines. Waze relies primarily on other, more mature providers of POI data such as google, bing, foursquare. If the hotel has a landmark on the Waze map, it should be removed.

The forum thread (long) if you'd like to review proposals and discussion is here: viewtopic.php?f=276&t=26005
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AndyPoms
Hotels should not be landmarked in the US.
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by Bigbear3764
Do you know who returned the bad name? Google, Bing, Four Square, YP, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bigbear3764
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by RSMGreg
Waze shows it as Embassy Suites. Google Maps, Bing Maps, and YP, correctly show it as Brookfield Suites.

It's not a big deal. I just see it every time I turn on Waze. Maybe that means it is a big deal. :lol:
RSMGreg
Send a message

Post by RSMGreg
AndyPoms wrote:Hotels should not be landmarked in the US.
I am not sure what you mean by this as I am still learning. Are you saying I cannot change it? Should not change it? Find a different way home? :D

Greg
RSMGreg
Send a message

Post by touring21
if you have driven past it, you can edit the name on the Waze Map Editor waze.com/editor . Its easy as pie, I entered the name Embassy Suites Brookfield in the search field and it gave me the place in the drop down selection and found it, I could not change it because I live in Australia and dont have permission but if you have driven past you should have the permission to do it. It is worth points as well to update the map, Give it a go Enjoy
touring21
Send a message
835K Rank 12 in Oz 148k map edits & top weekly points in Oz 072013, 082015x3 Added 2000 stations.Caltex, BP, 7-Eleven, United in Oz completed. Regional Champs NSW Helped reach 75% servos mapped in Oz, 3 Mega Map Raid, 82.3K traveled rank 837 in world
[img]https:///AvrXT[/img] [img]https:///MnAzv[/img]