Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by Mike-1323
BCHurricane89 wrote:Found someone on here who seemed to have a similar problem as me. I am running v3.7.2 on a Motorola Droid Razr Maxx, and have always been frustrated with the gas price reporting. I can be right next to, or pumping gas at a gas station, and try to report prices, but I almost always get an error claiming there is no GPS reception. I will try several times, and sometimes it refuses, while other times it will finally find the gas station so I can report after 10 tries or so. Any others with this issue?
I've had that issue for the last several versions on my LG OptimusV. Sometimes it's better, sometimes it's worse.
Mike-1323
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

[img]https:///L6ziL[/img] [img]https:///0NAfp[/img]

Required reading: Quick Start Guide, Best Practices, USA Road Types

Post by mikebeam
I cannot join groups! App force closes everytime I press groups. EVO 4G LTE
mikebeam
Send a message

Post by molecacao
That is funny. Since google now owns waze, it would be nice if I could add friends by user name again and not just facebook. I've got a couple friends that don't use facebook and have waze.
molecacao
Send a message

Post by monita_rb
I have a Galaxy Young, Android 4.1.
I been having the same problem since around a month ago: Waze closes by itself, seconds after being launched.
The only thing that I get to see is a piece of map (???) with the sign "big". But only for a few seconds... After that, it closes, no error message or anything!
I've already tried uninstalling and re-installing but no good.
People on forums with the same problem have found that the only workaround is to install the previous version... I find this unbelievable..
Help!
monita_rb
Send a message

Post by MrDiors
Is it possible to use voice command over bluetooth headphones at all? It's barely functional with the road noise.
MrDiors
Send a message

Post by MrDiors
Can the app change the traffic status after certain time delay? Normally I got lots of "heavy traffic" type of pop up that were reported 20-30 mins ago, and by the time I was close to the location, most of the time the traffic was gone. I thought the app should be smart enough to remove the "heavy traffic" if for 20-30 mins no wazer on that route reports anything.
MrDiors
Send a message

Post by mswhite60
Trying to report gas prices seems to always fail for me. I get repeated "loss of gps signal" messages every time I try to report a gas price. I have moved the car out from under any roof/overhang and tried repeatedly. No luck.

Phone: Motorola Droid Bionic, Verizon Wireless, Michigan, USA.
mswhite60
Send a message

Post by mysticcobra
woonjas wrote:Upgraded this morning before I headed out to work and noticed that the app didn't recalculate when I decided to deviate from the suggested rout, instead it just told me to head for the suggested route.

Did I stumble upon a 'feature' or is does this happen when their is either a connectivity or capacity problem with the routing server?

Waze 3.7.2 on S3 running CM10.1RC5

Cheers.
I have had this "feature" for at least a week so it is not related to 3.7.2 bugfix.
mysticcobra
Send a message
Jimmy
Samsung Galaxy S6-Android 7.0, Waze 4.50.1.1
Northern VA

Post by ncc1701v
a4bolek wrote:
zorkus wrote:This is really annoying because I have to occasionally restart device when GPS cannot fix on satellites and I often forgot to exit waze before that. Configuring waze when driving is no fun at all....
Why would you do such thing? That's like pulling cord out off the wall while Windoze is doing updates. Try to exit Waze in normal fashion. Press Menu then Switch Off. That gives application a chance to finish writing to storage your last configuration, position and such.

Consider updating your SGSII to Android 4.2.2.
I have a (relatively old) Galaxy Nexus on 4.2.2 and I see the same thing. Sometimes I reboot because wifi gets jammed. I think it's some software I put on it but who knows what. Anyway, an upgrade to 4.2.2 is not the essential fix.
ncc1701v
Send a message
... and the "v" is for Volvo.

Post by Nehbrown
Found update June 6 on Play Store. This time installed ok, but now can't open Waze. I get the splash screen, then blank black screen, then it closes. :cry:
Nehbrown
Send a message