Welcome to the Georgia Forum...

Post by GeSpot
Thanks to the Waze team for responding to my request to create a discussion forum for Georgia.

I am an Area Manager for Newnan and surrounding areas. If you have any problems, feel free to let me know.
GeSpot

POSTER_ID:3333727

Send a message
Quicker answers: Place location/version info in your profile!
Waze WikiForum FAQCurrent StatusKnown Issues

Georgia Based Country Manager
Waze v3.2.2.0 - iPhone 5, iOS 6.0

[img]https:///NAd0K[/img]

Post by duckwrangler
Hey Guys - I've just been granted Area Manager of the Columbus Ga area. I'm relatively new to Waze but have been living in the map editor for the last few weeks. I found so many unanswered reports and bad BAD edits that were done to the map that I felt compelled to take a bigger role.

One of the things that should have been easy, was to post my pin and area in google maps. Any tips there? It doesn't work the way i remember it (pre-2009) and I eventually gave up.

Thanks for setting up the Georgia forum. I've book marked it.
duckwrangler
Send a message

Post by duckwrangler
bigt0242000 wrote:Hi Guys. I'm the AM of Rome, GA and surrounding areas.

Welcome bigt.
duckwrangler
Send a message

Post by Fish1552
Guess I should pop in and say hello. HELLO! I'm a L2 member & live in Long County on the Liberty County line - midway between Hinesville, Ludowici & Glennville. For those not familiar with the SE GA area, that is 50 miles west of Savannah. :) Joined Waze way back in my Droid 1 days but uninstalled due to battery drain way back then. 2 phones later, I'm back.

Learning the ropes in the editor and trying to fix all the things popping up in the validator and trying to get the hang of the intricacies without screwing anything up too badly. drive79 has been asnswering some questions for me which is nice.

My ultimate goal is to simply help get at least ONE navigation map that shows the REAL street names in this area since every one of them just shows the old names from maybe 30 years ago and the rest are blank.

I do have an unlock request or at the very least a segment that needs edited to allow turns along SR-196. Do we have a dedicated sub-forum here for that or just the main one?
http://goo.gl/NMGogV
Fish1552
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by forny008
Oh look, a Georgia forum! I live in the Augusta/Ft Gordon area and I've started really getting into the editing thing. Just thought I'd say hi since I found this thread!
forny008
Map Editor - level 2
Map Editor - level 2
Send a message

Post by GaBehaviorDr
Hey All! I am new to the forum, but not too new to editing - I am learning a lot though as I am having a crash course in fixing a messed up tri-county area where I reside. I am in the boondocks of central georgia and am doing my best to fix ALL the incorrect spots and yes - there is more than I care to count. LOL. I am on Slack, FB, and other social media as well as here - holla if you need me for anything or if you see i did something wrong or whatever - I am a work in progress and take all advice I can get.

I hope I can be an area manager for the area I am working on very soon, but I will get there someday I am sure. Anyways, peace to all and God Bless!

~Amy :P
GaBehaviorDr
Send a message
:lol: You too can learn the ways of Waze :lol:

Post by GeekyGirl36
Hay all! :) I added the Waze app (a sugestion from a friend) about three months ago and when I found that you could edit; well I was ALL over that! Then I took a good look at the map and realized how much was needed to learn to do a good job. So I filled out the form for formal mentoring and here I am, just a few weeks into mentoring and just LOVING it!

Oh before I forget, I am in North Georgia; Dalton to be percise. Just a hop, skip and jump from the Tennnessee border off the I-75. I am workig towards being an area manger one day, but as we all know, that takes time and lots of edits. ;)
GeekyGirl36
Map Editor - level 2
Map Editor - level 2
Send a message
https://s.waze.tools/c2s.png
This is only the beginning, for you must walk before you can run. ;)

Post by GeekyGirl36
driving79 wrote:Welcome! Glad to see you over on slack. I was just up in Dalton a few months ago. :)
Thank you driving 79! :) Yes I have enjoyed my time on Slack, it is more me then forums. lol Oh wow, up here?!? Why!?! :-P
spedracr wrote:If you ever need any help just ask in our slack team. If you need help with something that is not getting handled in slack then please contact myself or red-nax. We have been appointed the State Managers for Georgia and are here to help.
Thank you spedracr, I do already and have had wonderful editors answer or help me when I needed. This community of editors is really great and I appriciate every one of you. :)
GeekyGirl36
Map Editor - level 2
Map Editor - level 2
Send a message
https://s.waze.tools/c2s.png
This is only the beginning, for you must walk before you can run. ;)

Post by GeorgiaBreeze
Another newbie here - Hi everybody.
GeorgiaBreeze
Map Editor - level 2
Map Editor - level 2
Send a message
download/file.php?id=28867
~Breeze~
Robins Air Force Base

Galaxy Note3 Android v4.4.4

Post by GeorgiaBreeze
AmySolen wrote:I am in the boondocks of central georgia and am doing my best to fix ALL the incorrect spots and yes - there is more than I care to count.
~Amy :P
What county are you in Amy? I am located in Houston County / Robins AFB
GeorgiaBreeze
Map Editor - level 2
Map Editor - level 2
Send a message
download/file.php?id=28867
~Breeze~
Robins Air Force Base

Galaxy Note3 Android v4.4.4