Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by bz2012
shawndoc wrote:If you disable the extension, do all the URs show up? I've been seeing this problem too, and just chalked it up to server issues/Waze's algorithm that decides which URs get displayed when there are too many in a view.
With ONLY URO+ active, they seem to show up, momentarily, after a scroll to a new view region, then they disappear.
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bz2012
For the last few weeks, I have been noticing that many UR's that have a comment by me are remaining hidden when they should be showing up.

My intent is to hide URs less than XX day UNLESS they have comments by me AND the last comment is 7 days old or older. I have the following settings:

Filter URs by age of submission:
Hide URs less than XX days old
Hide URs by comments/following:
With comments from me?
No
Last comment less than 7 days ago

Those setting used to work exactly as desired. Now, something seems to often be hiding URs I want to see; comments that would have been displayed properly a few weeks ago.

The problem seems to be worse in areas with many old URs, such as Houston.
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bz2012
I don't think WME is failing to send the data, because if I 'suddenly scroll to the area' I see 'two eared balloons' and no-eared ones. for a few seconds and then the two-eared ones disappear, so it seems that the data is being send to my computer but URO+ appears to be suppressing the display.

The zoom level does seem to have an effect, but, even at zoom 0, the data seems to have been available, and then suppressed.

Also, the scrolling at higher zoom levels seems 'painfully slow' :)
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bz2012
I right clicked on the permalink icon in the bottom corner of the screen and 'open link in new window'.
I have all 'suppression' turned off in URO+ (except 'closed', and these are not closed)

I grab the image near the right edge, vertical center and drag the map to the far left and drop it.

I grab the image near the left edge, vertical center and drag the map back to the right.

I see several 'two eared ballons' that have just been dragged into visibility.

They disappear.
WME had to have the data to display it. URO+ or WME THEN suppressed the display. (zoom level zero)
If I zoom in, they become visible again.
Something funny seems to be going on. Chrome Version 39.0.2171.65 m on a latitude e6510 64 bit machine running windows 7 enterprise edition with latest updates.

Hope that helps.
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bz2012
Perhaps URO+ could 'cache' the data and NOT throw it away when WME trashes it? Adding the cached data to the latest refresh UNTIL the next move?
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bz2012
I don't guess it would be worth the effort to have URO+ briefly 'zoom in' and update the database and then zoom back out.

It would be MUCH SIMPLER if those at WAZE coordinated things with the users and those that have spent much time and effort to enhance WME.

SO much easier. :)
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bz2012
Feature request: can you display the information on restricted turns like you display the information on segment restrictions?
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bz2012
After I move the view, I can't see the conversation data on URs when I click on them UNTIL I do a shift-alt-R.
After that finishes refreshing the data, I can view the conversation number and the conversations.
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bz2012
The 'landmark' popup overlays the marker for a point place so closely that I am having difficulty selecting the place to move it.

Can the popups be offset far enough away so that they don't overlay the object triggering the popup?

Also, the popup giving information about restricted segments, showing on mouse-over, was very useful. That feature seems to have disappeared, recently.
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bz2012
Twister-UK wrote:
bz2012 wrote:The 'landmark' popup overlays the marker for a point place so closely that I am having difficulty selecting the place to move it.

Can the popups be offset far enough away so that they don't overlay the object triggering the popup?

Also, the popup giving information about restricted segments, showing on mouse-over, was very useful. That feature seems to have disappeared, recently.
Can you post a screengrab to show the point place overlay problem, as on my system the overlay is always offset sufficiently to allow the point to be easily selected for moving.
Not sure the image would help. The box covers over half of the URO or MR or place point marker.

99% of the time, when I manage to select and try to move, the whole screen scrolls.

I have a suggestion for the popup text boxes: it seems like it might be easy to calculate and to do:

Offset the box IN THE DIRECTION OF THE CENTER OF THE SCREEN by the size of the box plus a percentage large enough to make sure the box clears the device. If the device is in the exact center, you can offset to the lower right as currently done, but with more clearance.
To enable moving the mouse to the box (to select and copy text from it or to select options in the box) put a 1/2 second delay before the box closes when the mouse leaves the object.

This would remove the need to check for the text box running off the edge of the screen and offsetting back onto the screen, as I believe you currently need to do.
The restricted segment popup functionality is still working for me on the world server - have you accidentally disabled segment popups in the Misc tab?
https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=usa&lo ... 04&zoom=4
On the segment south of Chandler St things work properly.
On the candystriped segments north of Chandler St, nothing happens when I mouse-over.
I must admit that clicking on those segments also fails to show any restrictions on them, so this may be a 'new feature' in the database that is not currently recognized by URO plus.
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message