Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by jasonh300
sketch wrote:Hmmmm, although isn't it true that the Shell and Chevron logos are typically in title case, whereas "TEXACO" is generally in all caps? :D
SHELL and TEXACO are all caps on their signs but Chevron is mixed case. I convert everything to mixed case in the editor so as not to be obnoxious. However, I haven't figures out a way to make the double x in Exxon in the editor.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
E++on. Can't get them to tilt.

EXON
....X
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
I normally don't let my smartassedness get the better of me when working on URs, but:
Clipboard01.jpg
(19.08 KiB) Downloaded 1001 times
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
Kobes1878 wrote:Not this again...
Looks like dead-end Uturn is enabled on that segment.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
Shaq23 wrote:Ultimate Jolly Driver?!

At first glance, This UR seemed ligament.. "Map is showing Pearl Street in Paterson as a one-way in the wrong direction".
I looked a little closer at his GPS trace (seemed like he knew better not to follow Waze) and SV, and I see this guy has cruised down this one-way street, thinking he was traveling in the right direction! He was so confident, he even took his time to report it..
Just looking at his GPS path you can see that this makes the list of the top Ten Most Jolly Drivers!
(This is one scenario where I wish we had access to view his entire route) :D
Keep a close eye on that one. Someone reversed the direction of Pearl Street on the map today. Also, all of the GPS tracks point west.

(Note that the user who reversed the street either didn't complete the job at the west end of the street, or didn't set all the turn restrictions correctly.

The aerial images seem to show the cars pointed east, but if you drop streetview at Summer and Pearl, you'll see that the one-way signs point west.

Sometimes you have to do a little bit more investigation than just looking at the aerials. They can be 2 or 3 years old.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
jasonh300 wrote:
Shaq23 wrote:Ultimate Jolly Driver?!

At first glance, This UR seemed ligament.. "Map is showing Pearl Street in Paterson as a one-way in the wrong direction".
I looked a little closer at his GPS trace (seemed like he knew better not to follow Waze) and SV, and I see this guy has cruised down this one-way street, thinking he was traveling in the right direction! He was so confident, he even took his time to report it..
Just looking at his GPS path you can see that this makes the list of the top Ten Most Jolly Drivers!
(This is one scenario where I wish we had access to view his entire route) :D
Keep a close eye on that one. Someone reversed the direction of Pearl Street on the map today. Also, all of the GPS tracks point west.

(Note that the user who reversed the street either didn't complete the job at the west end of the street, or didn't set all the turn restrictions correctly.

The aerial images seem to show the cars pointed east, but if you drop streetview at Summer and Pearl, you'll see that the one-way signs point west.

Sometimes you have to do a little bit more investigation than just looking at the aerials. They can be 2 or 3 years old.
To clarify this, if you drop the streetview anywhere ON Pearl street, it shows the one-way pointed East. Those streetview images are dated April, 2012.

If you drop streetview onto Summer street, just south of Pearl and look towards Pearl, the one-way points west and that image is dated September 2013.

So the direction of the street actually has been reversed sometime between 4/2012 and 9/2013.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
Undearius wrote:Jolly indeed.

The apostrophe in Horton's is a violation of Canadian naming laws!
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
txemt wrote:I didn't know Atlanta was between BR & NO.
It is, but not if you're traveling in a straight line.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
This is a first. Place submitted with name in Chinese. I ran it through Google Translate and got "Guesthouse". The actual location turned out to be Country Inn & Suites.

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/cqu4e4lj2fxtox ... 3.png?dl=0
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
Dropbox. Hit print screen and it automatically puts the screenshot in a folder. Then right click on the file in the screenshots folder and click "Share Dropbox link". Then just hit Ctrl-V to paste the link.

To make it an inline image, just change the www in the URL to "dl".

I think there's a way to automate it even further but I never bothered.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message