Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by bz2012
PesachZ wrote: The candy stripe you see on these segments is a Waze Temporary closure, it is not a restriction, and therefore there is no pop-up.
Thanks for the info. I have even submitted some of those myself.

I have been running across such closures that have expired. I thought, at first, that they would 'automatically' be removed.

I posted follow up queries on the UR. No response.
I PM'd the submitter and was advised that there was no automatic closure, I should go ahead and close them. So I added the note 'closing expired closure flag' and marked them solved, but that does not effect the candystripe road segments. I thought it was a restriction that wasn't showing and blaimed URO+ but see I was wrong.

How should these candy stripes be removed?
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bz2012
I also see the UR locations improved but the Place popups still obscure the place icon mostly.
I do notice that it is a bit easier to 'click on it' "around the edge" of the popup, and get the place marker to move, but ....
:)
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bz2012
URO+ seems to be ignoring the HIDE URs Last comment less than 7 days directive I have set.
I have no other boxes checked in that section.
I have hide 'closed' and URs less than 18 days checked.
and don't apply...tagged URs checked.

Here is a UR it is showing me
https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=5&lat ... st=4063586
last comment January 21, that is less than 7 days ago.

Thanks for a very useful script!

EDIT: interestingly, AFTER I posted this comment, it started hiding that UR.
It may have something to do with 'Backfill UR data' option. Perhaps URO+ is busy and just has not gotten around to doing all of its magic stuff. Maybe it needs to display a message saying it is busy so that we know we need to wait before we start clicking on balloons. :)

Further edit: I am not sure what is going on, even after an extended delay while I did other things, the 'left ear', with the response count is missing and I think it is still showing me many balloons that should be hidden.
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message
Last edited by bz2012 on Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by bz2012
I am not really sure what is going on. Many things seem slow. Will advise when I can narrow down further. Thanks for a very useful tool. :)
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bz2012
A couple of times today, I was thinking: it sure would be nice if there was a hot key that would toggle URO+ off/on (preferably the hot key could be set by the user).

The idea being to allow me to access a UR that was now being hidden by my last action. :)
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bz2012
Have you tried setting the options the way you want, and then doing a 'backup'?
(bottom of the misc tab page).

You can then do a copy/paste of the backup to a text file, for use later, if things get messed up.
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bz2012
Since the update, more and more often I am seeing 'stuck place data'.
The SAME place data pops up or hangs on the screen. It moves to different places as the mouse is moved.
I can NOT see the usual UR content preview pop up by mouseovering a UR.
I can click on the UR and open it and service it.

Love URO+.
Wish it gave the same kind of data on mouseover of restricted turn arrows and closures that it gives on restricted segments.
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bz2012
URO+ is broken.
As it starts to load, it blanks the left column area and the area stays blank.
If I disable it, and f5, the column is visible.

The problem happens if BOTH URO+ and Color Highlights are active.

The text column disappears under other circumstances, even if Color Highlights is disabled.
For example, when I am using URComments to handle a URO, as soon as I enter a comment and send it, the text column to the left clears and doesn't want to display again, as long as that comment is open, even if I F5, as long as the comment is in the URL, the column is blank.

I wish Waze would stop breaking our tools!

Chrome Version 42.0.2311.90 m up-to-date on win7
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message
Last edited by bz2012 on Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bz2012
Enhancement suggestion: a key that 'instantly hides' the pop-up box. (perhaps shift?)

Reason: when trying to click on a point place or end node that is within an area place, the pop-up often 'gets in the way'. This is especially problematic when attempting to drag an end node as the node gets 'dropped' as soon as it encounters the pop-up box.

A key that would suppress the pop-up would make these tasks much easier. Currently I sometimes must 'disable' display of places in order to work on something embedded within a place.

Thanks for a wonderful tool!!!!
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message