Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Post by OyyoDams
It has been discussed with Waze staff. Please stay tuned ;)
OyyoDams
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by P4nd4mir
Hi, why it´s illegal? It isn´t illegal to provide speedcams in the wazemap. It is illegal to use these Information on my device. I think many of us are old enough to decide if we use these information or not. The punishment became the user of the device and not you. Everybody can enable or disable this Information.
P4nd4mir
Send a message

Post by Pierre-Wi
It is totaly overdone to remove the speedcamera feature from the map in germany. The regulatory framework is not cleare and there are no judgements at the moment.

I suggest that you should have to decide online on the webpage in your user profile if you like to have speed cameras in the app or not. That will give legeal security to those who are not willing to risk a fine and give all others the chance to use the feature.

http://www.welt.de/motor/article1152262 ... ennen.html
Pierre-Wi
Send a message

Pierre-Wi
Send a message
Last edited by Pierre-Wi on Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Pierre-Wi
By the way in Germany it is even illigal to use Waze anyways:
http://www.channelpartner.de/recht/2603665/index.html
Pierre-Wi
Send a message

Post by pikifoo
Why speak French law for Denmark, Germany and Switzerland?

Why not remove France as it is not legal?

You remove this feature but it will not change much because if users a danger signal indicating that it is a radar or police check it still makes it illegal Waze, do not you think? Ultimately ca allows you to remove the word warning radar in the presentation of the application, but in fact it is always possible to warn the users to radar.
pikifoo
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by pikifoo
popel22 wrote:Googles Office in Zürich, this early morning....
Poppel thank you, I laughed a lot ;)

I continue to find this damage off but I can understand the point of view of Waze to want to comply with the laws. Too bad, however, that all the countries where road safety camera warning is prohibited are not all in this off (I think of France, Ireland, Latvia, Lithuania, Norway, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania and Slovakia).

http://www.cecbelgique.be/20120702/aver ... s71831.pdf

So why only Denmark, Germany and Switzerland? These three countries have a lower penetration rate in other countries, is that the reason? Delete the radar in a country such as France can make a great prejudice to the application.
pikifoo
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by popel22
Waze is not worth a single cent without a motivated community.
Think about that shirli while you're enjoying your weekend.
popel22
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by popel22
You're right shmupi. It's not shirlis decision.
I'm just very disappointed about the way waze communicates in a situation like this.
popel22
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message