Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by jarretp
Great app. Use it daily. Thank you.
jarretp
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
Here's a gas station issue. This is probably the first time I've used the gas feature while traveling. This screen capture was taken right in the middle of a cluster of gas stations but none of them are listed. The second station listed is near the end of my route several hundred miles away. The first station listed above the gas stations is an ad for a propane company. I've reported a similar ad at the top of the gas station list already, as it did not sell any type of automotive fuels including propane (for the 3 or 4 vehicles remaining in Louisiana that actually run on propane).
image.jpg
(126.08 KiB) Downloaded 1551 times

Via my iPhone 4S
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
I think that blank message is what used to tell you that you were in the top 3 in your state. I get one every Monday.

Via my iPhone 4S
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
Isn't App Radio an Android platform?
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
Day and night mode is based on local sunrise and sunset. Not the light sensor.

There has always been some flakiness to the day and night, but lately, I haven't seen any issues. Maybe there's still some kind of intermittent bug.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
bigalgeorge wrote:No, they use the upper and lower ends of the sensor to determine night/day. I havent seen any where there is a grey area of switching during a slightly cloudy or overcast day.
Recently I was working on some sensor devices to do a job. The difference between night and day is extreme, and easy to detect.
Switching does not take place instantaneously if done properly it should take several seconds.

Its apparent our points of view differ. Best wishes, Al.
Waze does not use the sensor to switch between night and day mode at all. The sensor just dims the screen a bit when it's dark. Waze night and day mode are completely different color schemes.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jemay
That lane is set as toll road, so if you set your client to avoid toll, then it will not route you onto that route.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
jemay
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
:arrow: PLEASE READ: Wiki Resources: FAQ|Best Practices|Editing issues?
Global Champ | Assistant Regional Coordinator for US South West - CA,NV,UT,AZ,NM,CO,HI | CM for US

Android & Carplay - Verizon

Post by joostboers
Repeatedly loss of GPS signal, battery drain

I have a Samsung S Advanced II running Android 4.2 Jelly Bean and Waze 3.7.2. Since the last update, I have an issue with loss of GPS signal at any possible moment - it can run fine, or occur after a short while. Restarting the app or even the phone don't make that much of a difference. Risks of this happening are higher when
- I had an incoming call
- I get out of a tunnel
but it also will happen on a motorway in open field - i.e. free GPS satellite view with barely 'disrtactions' like turnings to make or other directions to give. Running the TomTom app which also is on my phone, or Google Navigation never lead to these issues. A couple of times, the app spontaneously quits.

The other downside is that the battery seems to drain even when connected to the charger in the car when running Waze. Before, the battery always charged (adding charge) when driving and using Waze.

Looking forward to improvements here!

Kind regards - Joost
joostboers
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
-------------------------------------------------
https://www.feeling-healthy.net
Creating Positive Change

Fetching Waze scores with a iPhone or Android in a Lexus CT200h - or a Lexus NX300h. Based in Nederhorst den Berg (The Netherlands).

Post by jwriddle
planchard9 wrote:Any guesses what I am doing wrong?
They still make JVC radios? :p

... I kid, I kid. I'm actually impressed with your motivation to try this out and share. Cheers.

------------------------
Sent from iPhone 4 via Tapatalk 2
jwriddle
Send a message
iPhone 4 (VZW) • iOS 6.1.3 • Waze 3.7.3.0
Droid Mini (VZW) • Android 4.2.2 • Waze 3.7.3.0
[img]https:///NvxDK[/img]https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/5/5a/W ... M_only.png
Jay W. RiddleArea Manager
US | Georgia: North Atlanta

Post by jwriddle
matthewccna wrote:I hope this is the correct form area for this issue, I’m in Canada, v3.7.2 on iOS when trying to enter gas prices I have found 2 issues:
1 The decimal for the cent is defaulting to 9 which is not always the case

2 When I enter the prices for gas at my local Costco I received an error “Sorry, but the prices you entered don’t seem to be valid” (which they are 129.9 as 1.299 regular and 139.9 as 1.399 for premum)
Costco is getting pricey at $129.90 and $139.90 -- Is that the non-member price? ;)

------------------------
Sent from iPhone 4 via Tapatalk 2
jwriddle
Send a message
iPhone 4 (VZW) • iOS 6.1.3 • Waze 3.7.3.0
Droid Mini (VZW) • Android 4.2.2 • Waze 3.7.3.0
[img]https:///NvxDK[/img]https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/5/5a/W ... M_only.png
Jay W. RiddleArea Manager
US | Georgia: North Atlanta