Post by McLaughlin
scruff wrote:I have found that I more reliably pick up goodies with navigation off.
Me too.

(Don't you hate me too posts?)

I also found that I didn't get the mile munching during a 2 hour drive yesterday and assume that it was becasue nav was on.
McLaughlin
Send a message
If you are going through hell, keep going.

Post by mmuscaro
I've had a bunch that didnt register. Today, I went back over one that didnt work yesterday and BING, it worked today so who knows.
mmuscaro
Send a message

Post by RallyChris
Do you have data connectivity at the time? I don't have a support rep citation, but I believe it requires server interaction to get goody points.
RallyChris
Send a message
Portland, OR / USA - Mega Mapper
Wiki: Area Manager | Map Editing | Known Issues List
Official Suggestion Websites (hosted by uservoice):
Waze Client | Waze Website / Editor
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/d/d9/W ... 00k_5c.png

Post by robin1979
Even though Waze sometimes shows you as being 'on the road', the GPS in the phone is actually quite off. You need to be within 10m (I think it was 10) of the cupcake to actually munch it.

If you connect Waze to an external GPS receiver, you'll munch much more cupcakes. I personally have great experience with the TomTom carkit for iPhone - which is way more accurate than the 3GS' GPS signal.
robin1979
Send a message
MapSquadEurope
Area Manager - Europe

Post by scruff
I have found that I more reliably pick up goodies with navigation off.
scruff
Send a message

Post by sketch
No, there's definitely a bug. I drove around munching goodies for a few hours yesterday and noticed that a couple goodies—specific goodies—are broken.

There was an "iPhone" road goodie in City Park. I drove over it, sound played, but then "Searching network..." appeared in the corner and after a moment the goodie reappeared. I drove back around, eventually making the loop three times, but to no avail: the goodie was bugged.

Most of the goodies I munched worked, but there were a couple that acted like that. I've also found that sometimes goodies aren't munched and they don't make a sound; in this case, simply restarting the client resolved that issue for a while.

It doesn't matter whether you're navigating or not, and the iPhone GPS (at least) is certainly accurate enough to get them every time if you drive over them.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • beta leader • and more • new orleans

bye bye fuelly badge! i'm an EV guy now!

Post by sketch
If it does not ding at all, restart your client and go back over it. If it's in a residential area you can even stop on it and wait as your client starts again.

If it dings but bugs and you lose the connection for a moment, try going back over it, but it may be a bug. I have had one fail three times in a row and another work on the second try. Your mileage may vary.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:

Post by sketch
Do you mean over nine days ago? Since the end of the last contest last Wednesday, there aren't really any goodies to speak of, excepting the food bank icons.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by stevenhaywood
I havent seen a road goodie ever since the new rewards came in. I got the first fb friend reward but nothing since and I'm sure I've solved over 50 map problems
stevenhaywood
Send a message

stevenhaywood
Send a message