[Script] WME Add-Ons V0.45 ==> Features moved in WME Toolbox

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderator: Unholy

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Add-Ons

Postby porubcan » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:48 am

orbitc wrote:OK.
I had the same issue but now I know what is the solution.
1- Have a copy of the script on your desktop
2- Open Crome
3- On the search/address bar just put this: chrome://extensions
4- Just move the file from desktop to just opened chrome window. (you'll see your other extensions here)
5- click yes/ok
6- DONE :D

so there was new version 0.43 released, that's why we needed to re-install the extension.
Image Image Image
SK Country Coordinator, SK Country Manager, Global Champ, Android Beta Tester
Waze 3.9.5.3 on HTC One, Android 5.0.2 @ white Škoda Octavia RS Combi
porubcan
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby pvaladares » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:56 am

Fantastic work :-D

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2
ImageImage
Country Manager for Portugal | Champ | Expert Android and others
Area Manager for Luanda (Angola) and Macau (China)
Forum PT | Wiki PT | Facebook PT | Twitter PT
pvaladares
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Re: Re: [Script] WME Add-Ons

Postby pvaladares » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:46 pm

GizmoGuy411 wrote:
skbun wrote:Can someone please sticky this thread, putting it at the top of the editing forum? Thanks!

As the moderator who started the previous English version of the ET thread, and who encouraged gdu1971 to start this thread, I am reluctant to make this topic sticky. I will leave that to other moderators if they care to do so. I share the opinion with many others, that while the power of this script is very useful, the potential for harm to the maps is also of concern. Therefore it is better that the script be sought out by those who need it, rather than it be quite so prominently displayed as it would be in a sticky topic.

I agree.
I created a new thread compiling a list of all relevant scripts to increase the map editon experience but did not included this script.

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2
ImageImage
Country Manager for Portugal | Champ | Expert Android and others
Area Manager for Luanda (Angola) and Macau (China)
Forum PT | Wiki PT | Facebook PT | Twitter PT
pvaladares
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby robin1979 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:12 pm

olestas wrote:Suppress extra - should not include similar segments which have restricted turns in between.

They shouldn't be connected as such then - this behaviour is okay like it is now.
MapSquadEurope
Area Manager - Europe
robin1979
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby robin1979 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:19 pm

olestas wrote:Ok. But why it joins segments which have changing one-way and two-way road types.

That's kind of weird construction as well. But that's actually a WME bug then. This script doesn't really do anything you're not allowed to do with WME itself.
MapSquadEurope
Area Manager - Europe
robin1979
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby rottielover » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:11 pm

Is there anyway to select all "unknown" direction segments using this tool?

I'm working in a lot of area's that are still basemapped. A quick way to select all the unknown directions and set them to two way would be a god send!
rottielover
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby rottielover » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:51 pm

TonyG-UK wrote:
rottielover wrote:Is there anyway to select all "unknown" direction segments using this tool?

I'm working in a lot of area's that are still basemapped. A quick way to select all the unknown directions and set them to two way would be a god send!

Do none of them have road names?

It's a mix. Typically what I see with this small towns are named streets with unknown direction. A lot of them have extra nodes that need to be removed and it makes it hard to manually select them without having to zoom way in.

Another issue with these basemapped towns is having a lot of one-way's that should be two way (like dead end roads or cul-da-sac's etc). Of course the other issue is having the wrong State on some segments, I'm working a town in the middle of MO right now that has IL segments in it :( uhg
rottielover
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby rottielover » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:16 pm

davipt wrote:Please. Do. Not. Do. That!

Setting all roads to two-ways is a no-no according to the waze wiki. If the road is direction unknown or one-way, waze will learn the right way when people drive there. If you manually set the road to two-way, one-way roads will become two-way and people will be directed there against traffic.

Now about the dead end roads it would indeed be nice to have waze automatically set them to two-ways and add the node at the end, instead of the effort editors need to do to fix them up and specially when it requires extra scripts to detect and fix them.

Whoa, slow down there. 1st, I'm talking about an area I have first hand knowledge of, there are NO one way streets in these towns. 2nd, we're talking about basemapped areas, a good number of the streets are in the wrong locations, etc, because this data was imported. These small towns take me forever to clean up.

If the street is set to a one way, even though it's two way, won't that generate an auto pin? If unknown waze would eventually learn, but if I have the knowledge why not put it on the map now and make wazing easier for the clients?
rottielover
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby rottielover » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:30 pm

TonyG-UK wrote:
davipt wrote:Setting all roads to two-ways is a no-no according to the waze wiki. If the road is direction unknown or one-way, waze will learn the right way when people drive there. If you manually set the road to two-way, one-way roads will become two-way and people will be directed there against traffic.

Ah.... that old fallacy.

BTW, where in the wiki does it say that?

I too would like to know, I have not found that in the Wiki.

I did however find this: http://www.waze.com/wiki/index.php/Automatic_map_updates_and_the_locking_of_roads

Which advises, in part: "...It will change the directionality of a road, enable turns, and reportedly it will change the geometry or layout of a road.
This can cause map errors, especially in areas where there are few wazers. One wazer who always travels one way down a road may change a correctly recorded two-way road into one-way."

and I'm currently talking about small towns, where there are few wazers.

Edit : side note, I'm not one of those on a "points quest". I want waze to work correctly when I go driving out to these small towns and rual area's just as well as it works in the big cities. In a way I feel fortunate, because I have been granted my AM area that covers a big city and many rual and small towns. The whole reason I became a map editor was to improve the user experience around my area.
Last edited by rottielover on Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rottielover
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby rottielover » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:36 pm

davipt wrote:
TonyG-UK wrote:
davipt wrote:Setting all roads to two-ways is a no-no according to the waze wiki. If the road is direction unknown or one-way, waze will learn the right way when people drive there. If you manually set the road to two-way, one-way roads will become two-way and people will be directed there against traffic.

Ah.... that old fallacy.

BTW, where in the wiki does it say that?

What do you mean fallacy? No of course I can't find the exact sentence on the wiki, or the forum, but isn't it well known that streets do change from unknown to one-way and to two-way, but will never ever be able to learn and switch back from two-way to one-way? Also routes will prefer segments manually set to two-way over segments marked as unknown?

Please see my post above, according to the page I linked in the wiki, Two-Way roads can be changed to one way, if wazers always drive down the same way. (possible in these small towns)

As far as routing, the engine's choosing is dependent on more factors, but I can tell you from experience of using the Livemap to test routing I've seen the engine prefer an unknown direction "street" before (this was in a downtown area and the routing was taking people down an Alley that was basemapped incorrectly as a street. It's since been corrected. But there are many factors like origin point, destination point, and all segments between.
Last edited by rottielover on Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rottielover
Area Manager
Area Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts