These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Android v3.7.2 Official Feedback Thread

Post by perlin
Changes:

Bug & crash fixes for May 30 release
perlin

POSTER_ID:4932690

Send a message

Post by perlin
Version 3.7.2 is available for download from Play Store.
It contains more stability fixes.
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
We've just checked with version 3.6 and it's also not working. Are you sure it was working before? I've tried with "Advanced Task Killer". What app are you using?
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
andyqp wrote:
perlin wrote:
DonRadlauer wrote:I just checked, and the CloseIntent bug has *not* been fixed. :-(

Is this one in fact a bug, or did someone at Waze decide to take that feature out of the API?
This feature was not removed. The Android allows only to top priority tasks to be on the notifications bar and to have this button, so maybe you (and others) got another task with higher priority..?
It seems that you have mistaken the user-clickable waze "Close application" action in system notification bar (which is still there) with programmatically callable "CloseIntent" that would allow to cleanly close waze application from other applications, such as Tasker. That one has disappeared in latest versions.
Sorry, now I got you :oops:
It's indeed not working. I'll check if it was removed by mistake or on purpose. If it's a bug we'll fix it.
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
DonRadlauer wrote:I just checked, and the CloseIntent bug has *not* been fixed. :-(

Is this one in fact a bug, or did someone at Waze decide to take that feature out of the API?
This feature was not removed. The Android allows only to top priority tasks to be on the notifications bar and to have this button, so maybe you (and others) got another task with higher priority..?
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
Poopstick wrote:The pre 3.7.1 beta worked well for me but the last Google Play version keeps crashing very often, just like the 3.7.0.

It happens on scoreboard or while scrolling on the map.

Logs sent, Nexus 4 on the latest stock JB.

Plenty of similar reports on the french speaking forum.
Did you try a clean installation?
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
kampie0302 wrote:My Facebook events don't show up in Waze 3.7.1. I use a Samsung Galaxy Nexus.
FB events don't show up right away. There's some timing involved. I don't recall exactly what it is though...
It should appear in the client 48h before the event starts.
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
Thiago-tsp wrote:Don't have transparency in the "Next Street Box" in Night Mode (gray box), in Day Mode is Ok, has transparency!!!
You forgot to mention that it's only on landscape mode. On portrait it is transparent.
It's a known issue and will be fixed.
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
tomfletchy wrote:Gas Stations doesn't appear under settings menu. I used to be able to find it by going to My Waze and then "View Settings", but this doesn't work either anymore.
Server error. It sometimes appear only after reopening the app. Can you see it now?
perlin
Send a message

Post by pdgowdy
For about the last two weeks Waze has stopped tracking my location on the map from a known starting address to a known destination address (home to work and visa versa) after about 5-10 minutes of operation. Google Maps works fine so I don't think it is a problem with my phone. When I use Waze in my car it is on a mount that sits on top of my dashboard where it has always worked for me before. If I shut down Waze then restart it, Waze will work (updates my position) for another 5-10 minutes before it stops updating my position. I've tried rebooting the phone as well as reinstalling Waze, neither of which resolves the issue. I have a Razr MAXX, Android 4.1.2, Verizon, version 3.7.2 of Waze. I've sent debug files.
pdgowdy
Send a message
Last edited by pdgowdy on Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.