Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by doctorkb
Taco909 wrote:Yup... Reverse connectivity.
"Permitted" turn onto a Non-permitted direction.
Normally not an issue for routing, though I have heard that under certain situations, Waze MAY route the wrong way down a one-way, just as it may route a prohibited left turn out of a side street if there is no other way to route to the destination.
Yes, there are NO absolutes in Waze's routing -- it's all based on penalties.

So if the penalty for going the wrong way down a one way street is less than the alternate detour, it will tell you to do that.

It's not clear how long these penalties are -- in general they seem to be enough to mean that it functions like an absolute.

That said, it's always good to make sure that you have all possible penalties in place -- a Revconn means that there is no penalty for the turn, just for the wrong direction. Removing the revconn means there would be a penalty for an incorrect turn, as well as one for the wrong direction.
doctorkb
Answers: 4
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
Taco909 wrote:nearest point to the east that a U-Turn could be made and make sure that crossover is added, or if the road is not split, add a PLR on the north side to provide a way to get "From here to there"
I hope you mean "where a u-turn could be make *legally*" -- there are a lot of interstates where there are turn-arounds restricted to emergency vehicles only...
doctorkb
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
Tim: if it helps, here are some notes:
this permalink will show two nodes: https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=usa&lo ... 133&zoom=8

They both have soft ("unconfirmed") turns. The node on the left highlights. The node on the right does not.
doctorkb
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
Olestas wrote:When selecting junction with soft turns, I receive message in left pane:

[JNF Toolbox 0093]JNF script not active. Upgrade!
For a full explanation, see this page.

But I have Toolbox, and it has full JNF inside. This text should not be there, not to confuse others.
This makes more sense.

The JNF in TB reports its version as "Toolbox 0093".

That said, while it has the same functionality, the functions are named slightly differently in the code.

I've not looked at the new WMECH to see how it calls it, but this should be fairly easy to solve.
doctorkb
Send a message

Post by Dondesta
At userscripts.org :
WME Color Highlights
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/141050 by "Timbones", last updated Nov 27 version 1.7.4

WME Color Highlights
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/184704 by "zuny alen", last updated Dec 21 no version number
Why the same name?, Are they the same script? :?: :?:
Dondesta
Send a message
Saludos.
by Dondestaen Las Palmas de Gran Canaria.Puntos >300K.
[img]https:///CD8tjf[/img][img]https:///QLYT6C[/img]

Post by drive4fun2me
n8nagel wrote:Is anyone else having issues? I'm not sure if it is due to the script or something with the NA server FDGB today (it was not working this AM, it *appears* to be working now)

Anyway, I just downloaded this script for Chrome as I wanted to find roads with mislabeled cities. Suddenly I am saving my changes but if I scroll away and then back to the area I just worked on, the changes I've done have reverted to their previous state.
I am having the same exact issue. Not sure what's going on
drive4fun2me
Send a message

Post by dummyd2
looks like a timing issue:
"navTabs" is undefined because the UI is not loaded yet, and the event "login" is not triggered because the user is already logged.
Reproduced on FF.
Works fine in chrome.

I noticed also, in the last WME version, that Waze.loginManager.user is defined but is null during a small time. It may help.
dummyd2
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message
Dummyd2 AKA D2.
Retired - retraité de Waze

Post by DwarfLord
I still have trouble with Color Highlights failing to load if the URL is of the form .../editor/?env=usa... instead of .../editor?env=usa...

Of course I can edit the URL and reload each time it happens, but is there a more permanent solution to this problem that I'm missing?

I recall after Waze changed the URL format this "broke" a lot of scripts, but for some reason WME Color Highlights is the only one I still encounter this issue with. Apologies if this is a stupid question.
DwarfLord
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Send a message

Post by DwarfLord
BUG (IMHO) that arose with the advent of the new Parking Lot system:

If a "linked Google Place" is missing, WME Color Highlights outlines an Area Place with dashed orange, provided that Highlight Places and Incomplete Places (Dashed Orange) are both checked.

However, if a private parking lot dedicated to a destination has been mapped, it is likely that the actual destination pin has already been assigned the associated Linked Google Place. Linking that Google Place again to the Parking Lot results in app users getting two hits for the same destination and causes the PIE script to throw an error for a doubly-linked Place.

Neither is something we want, so I'd like to recommend that WME Color Highlights no longer highlight as "incomplete" Parking-Lot places that do not have a linked Google Place.
DwarfLord
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Send a message

Post by edsonajj
Actually IGNs are not directly contracted by Waze, they are employees of an outsourcing company called Ignite which seems to be based in Ukraine, and which also seems to be the source of their "ign" prefix.

That means that Waze has very little control over what they do and only do something on particularly bad cases.

However, the function request for highlighting things (not only places) last edited my an IGN does seem like a good idea.
edsonajj
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Edson Jiménez