Post by kpouer
Hi,
I would like to talk about a change in Country Language Forums for Africa.
Most african countries do not have their own forum.
There is a forum for Africa, but only one user talked in it (in English).
I think it is not very nice for African users and I think we could create some sub-forums for them.

First I would move existing African country forums to be sub-forum for Africa:

Algeria, Egypt, Tunisia and South Africa (that's all if I didn't miss any).
And also create two sub-forums:
Français and English because those two languages are spoken in most African countries (so they could discuss as I think editing rules should not be be so different in African countries.)
What do you think of that ?
kpouer
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
Area manager entre Paris et l'Auvergne
Coordinateur France
Country Manager Algérie http://www.facebook.com/WazeAlgerie & twitter: http://twitter.com/WazeAlgerie
Country Manager west Africa

Post by kpouer
In fact the main idea of my post was to have subforums for French and English under Africa.
As most african country will not be very active on the forum, it is interesting to regroup them by languages.
And since almost half Africa speaks french and the other half english ...

And while doing this why not moving the existing african country forum under Africa (but it is not mandatory, just an idea)

I had the idea because I saw that under Africa only one user was there, from Kenya and nobody to answer him. Morroco do not have a forum while Algeria and Tunisia have one, but those are not very active.
kpouer
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
Area manager entre Paris et l'Auvergne
Coordinateur France
Country Manager Algérie http://www.facebook.com/WazeAlgerie & twitter: http://twitter.com/WazeAlgerie
Country Manager west Africa

Post by Merida-SCV
I love the new streamlined forum structure and appreciate the hard work all y'all are doing to make it better. Hang in there.
Merida-SCV
Send a message

Post by MGODLEW
I am proposing getting rid of the the US Update/Unlock forum and breaking it up by region. I.E.: US Northwest, US Southwest, US Midwest, US South Central, US Northeast, US Southeast. With about 20 posts per day on the US Unlock/Update forum its easy for unanswered requests to get lost or overlooked after a day or so. Also, If I live in New York....seeing that a very few number of editors have the rank of level 5 or higher who can edit US wide, seeing an unlock request for level 3 in Texas is rather worthless even if the editor is a level 3 in New York. Nothing can be done by the editor in New York unless he's recently traveled to that part of Texas. The only downside I can think of is that having multiple forums might be confusing to some and "potentially" might level some requests unanswered if Level 5 or higher aren't checking each regions forums, but I feel like an unanswered request at the top of the list is better than an unanswered request several pages in on the forum.

I created a separate post without knowing that this post already existed. :oops: Here is the link to the post for reference in case editors post comments on there.
MGODLEW
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
I am best reached via Discord, give me an “@“

Post by mwburn
While I kind of agree with you (there's not much I can do about requests outside my area), I think what you said in your statement (some requests unanswered if Level 5 or higher aren't checking each regions forums) about the downside is a strong reason that it's organized this way. Maybe at some future date, when there are sufficient "high level" editors in each region/state, it may happen. But for now we heavily rely on the CM's in certain regions.
mwburn
Send a message
I'd be ranked higher if I drove more than 5 miles to work. :-(
But I only have to drive 5 miles to work. :-)

https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/6/69/W ... 00k_5c.png

Post by Mynios
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
asterix06 wrote: Country Language Forum I can't see it. Did we loose it again ?
See my last post. Corruption in database referencing forum parent ids I think which still existed caused the country forums to be not visible in the interface. They are still there but not accessible from the forum front-end. I've notified Yonatan and Shirli.
*OMG*
Mynios
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by Mynios
Yes, but the breadcrumb navigation doesn't work proper.
Mynios
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by orbitc
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:In case you were wondering, the Country (language) forums are on the move.
Who is organizing the move of Turkey? It's already in the wrong place.
Screen Shot 2013-04-03 at 7.18.35 PM.png
(25.5 KiB) Downloaded 5218 times
orbitc
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Regional Coordinator for Northeast & New England
•Tier1 •USA Coordinator •Global Champ & Mentor
•iOS & WME ßeta Tester •Beacon, CCP & Wiki Master
•Master Raiders •Localization •Content Raider

USA | MapRaid!

Post by orbitc
The correct order need to be like this:
Screen Shot 2013-04-03 at 7.18.35 PM.jpg
(30.09 KiB) Downloaded 7284 times
orbitc
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

USA | MapRaid!

Post by orbitc
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
orbitc wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:In case you were wondering, the Country (language) forums are on the move.
Who is organizing the move of Turkey? It's already in the wrong place.
Screen Shot 2013-04-03 at 7.18.35 PM.png
There was some problem with this I've already noted and escalated to Waze. If you go through the hierarchy, it's not really there, but something is making it think it is. There is something really wrong with Malaysia that is causing the forum to think it has subforums which aren't really there.
Thanks. Also, it shows under Asia not Europe. I guess that's also because of Malaysia?
orbitc
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

USA | MapRaid!