The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by Jay91150
petervdveen wrote:That's just GPS noise.
Are you sure his car/phone didn't get caught in a tornado briefly? :D
Jay91150
Send a message

Post by Jay91150
I think he did a couple donuts while waiting for the light... or thought STOP meant Squeal Tires On Pavement.
Jay91150
Send a message

Post by Jay91150
That's hardly fair. All we are saying is give peas a chance.
Jay91150
Send a message

Post by Jay91150
ctpoole wrote:Anyone want to translate this one for me. It looks like English.....

ctpoole(5) on December 20, 2014
Thank you for your report from I-35 N. Can you provide details for the issue you experienced please?

Reporter on December 25, 2014
Yeah I know that I have been the most part of my favorite things that are not the same time as well as the first place in the future
Speech to text gone awry/with the stereo turned up?

On a side note, the new popup dialogs for URs and MRs are beautiful.
Jay91150
Send a message

Post by Jay91150
Looks like somebody did an approach into Calgary with Pave Roads turned on.

(This is only a tiny bit of over 12km of paving done north of here. Other Albertan editors may want to look near their airports to see if they can find his origin!)

EDIT: Still backtracking him, 22166 meters in this pic:

Jay91150
Send a message

Post by Jay91150
KuniaKid wrote:
KuniaKid wrote:Pilots using Waze?
Screen Shot 2015-01-07 at 6.38.23 PM.jpg
Okay, this turns out that the user had a valid issue with Waze. Their search for Honolulu International Airport returned Google's result and directed user through Hickam AirForce Base, a secured military base, to the back of the airport close to where the Google pin is located at the center of the airport. They were sitting on the plane ready for pushback and one of the last things they did before turning phone off, they took the time to report it. The one chance for Waze to be a useful tool for this driver and it FAILED. I had to apologize. :oops:
Once again, Google's insistence on using the airport center point as the stop point for driving navigation proves to be harmful. :evil:
Jay91150
Send a message

Post by Jay91150
I think I found a gas jockey who is learning how to use the 'report map error' function...

(Those are all stacked on top of one another, btw.)
Jay91150
Send a message

Post by Jay91150
crazycaveman wrote:The entire state of Florida is now a point off I-95 in South Carolina. That's gonna mean a lot more work for me! :lol:
http://i.imgur.com/N2DEy9zl.png
OTOH, it will make for quick travel between ball parks next year when I come back down for Spring Training.

I wonder how they got 7-digit house numbers to work. I have an entire province (state) that uses 6-digit numbers and they don't go in...
Jay91150
Send a message

Post by Jay91150
I think I had that guy driving through my area a few months ago - reported about two dozen of them even after I said Waze doesn't track traffic signals.

Well, I don't know if it was the same reporter, of course, but I had a huge cluster of 'missing traffic signal' reports in the space of about 2 weeks...
Jay91150
Send a message

Post by Jay91150
MichiganRoadRunner wrote::lol:
Surprised we don't get more of these errors......
"That's funny, they said you were a ... oooh, not sure I can repeat that.."
Jay91150
Send a message