The place to discuss editing specifically related to house numbering (addresses): how to optimize locations, set stop-points, etc.

Can't edit house numbers on non-US laptop keyboard

Post by edarchis
Hi.

On US keyboards, the numbers on the main section give 1234567890 and you need the shift key to get !@#$%^&*. On many non-US keyboards, it's the opposite, you need to shift to get the figures and typing the keys only gives on my keyboard: &é"'(§è!çà

The Waze map editor is filtering the house numbers not by the actual key result but by preventing the shift key. I can therefore try to create number é&ç but not 182...

I understand that I could plug an extended keyboard and use the numeric keypad but it's wrong for Waze to prevent shift.

Also, the fact that many houses have numbers like 6B has already been mentioned in this forum.
edarchis
Area Manager
Area Manager

POSTER_ID:14837096

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
armand916 wrote:...then I can use the ALT+SHIFT to toggle in between FR & US Keyboard...when I want to edit House Numbers in WME..
That is a good tip. Thank you!
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by armand916
Hi,
I am having the same trouble, as I am using a French keyboard layout.
I found a work around by setting up a US keybord layout in windows 7, as a secondary layout...then I can use the ALT+SHIFT to toggle in between FR & US Keyboard...when I want to edit House Numbers in WME..
Hope it will help.
armand916
Send a message

Post by chouwa
I have the same problem with a french keyboard (without numpad). I can't write numbers. Switching to US Keyboard is not the final solution for this bug.
I hope that developers will find another and better way to help non-us keboard users ;)
chouwa
Send a message