Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Post by dmcconachie
I have made no accusations, only stated what I believe to be facts based on empirical evidence. Your contribution to the French map is for the French Country Admins to judge.
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status

Post by doctorkb
dmcconachie wrote: Justify it to yourself in any way that helps you sleep at night. If you use blanket editing your contribution is minimal and robs well-meaning and hardworking editors of more justifiable edits and points.

I will fight tooth and nail to prevent anyone utilising mass edits from gaining any vocal weight with Waze.
*shakes head*

Maybe it's different in the UK. But the basemaps I've been dealing with in Canada have *necessitated* mass changes.

There are entire towns where the streets are mapped, but there are no cities or names to them.

Entire provinces where the highways are marked "Major Highway" but there's no name to them.

And then the cities that did get the names imported often have street names in the longest form possible (135 Avenue North-west). Again, going through and updating all of those to be the abbreviated form has made the app actually usable.

Provinces where u-turns are almost non-existent (basically *only* at intersections where they're permitted by a sign), yet nearly every second intersection has u-turns enabled.

So please, tell me how fixing those issues hasn't contributed more to the map than "tweaking" a turn that might be made by a Wazer twice a day.

Sure, it means a lot of editing points. So what? The point is that they're all active contributions. Given the scoreboard and forum contributions, it would seem that I'm currently (and have been for a few months) the most active CM in Canada... and you're saying I shouldn't have any vocal weight because a good number of my edits have come from mass changes?
doctorkb
Answers: 4
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
CBenson wrote:
doctorkb wrote:So please, tell me how fixing those issues hasn't contributed more to the map than "tweaking" a turn that might be made by a Wazer twice a day.
With all due respect, you have been told how repeatedly, like here where waze staff explicitly stated that such mass changes should be made on the back end.
I had clarification from Yonatan. The only issue (which I ceased) was renaming of cities that were already named to streamline them to one... And that was only an issue after they had a process to do it on the backend.

All in all, very few of my edits came from that...

The naming of unnamed cities, or defining of city borders correctly was not a problem, as that was a manual process anyhow, and could not be automated.
doctorkb
Send a message

doctorkb
Send a message

Post by drslump34
600K for me !!! :)
600k.PNG
(10.02 KiB) Downloaded 277 times
drslump34
PartnerCoordinator
PartnerCoordinator
Answers: 1
Send a message
Global Champ / Local Champ France DROM-COM - 50,5K UR - 870,8K edits - lvl 6
Community Partners Coordinator France

CM Maroc @WazeMaroc
CM Laos / Burkina-Faso

Votre interlocuteur Sud de France @WazeGard @WazeHerault @WazeRhone

Waze 4.102.0.2 sur OnePlus 12

Post by Dutchdirt
600K Edits.jpg
(36.26 KiB) Downloaded 208 times
Please grant me access to this exclusive club

Greetz, Dutchdirt
Dutchdirt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by fernandoanguita
Finally...

Map Edits 600525

Step by step, adding good edits !

Best regards from Concepción, Chile,
fernandoanguita
Master Raider
Master Raider
Answers: 1
Send a message

Post by GinBook
Hi
Score achieved today.
GinBook
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Attachments

Post by houstonmg
I'm inside
houstonmg
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
Mauricio Gálvez S.
Country Manager, Global Champ
Para iniciar tus ediciones lee este topic.