Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by HonzaCzech
Bay Area, CA

Motorcycle mode

Today i was riding my motorcycle from work (hwy237/Great America) to Race St. at San Jose. I could have went thru Hwy 101-Hwy87-hwy260-race street (10 min max, even in traffic), it was guiding me thru Santa Clara streets to avoid 101.
I can go thru traffic without problems, and I am using waze for accident reports, possible police radar an other conditions on the road, but I am not very interested in traffic since I am all of the time in the carpool lane going 50-60mph while others go 20-30mph.

So motorcycle mode would be pretty cool

Thank you waze
HonzaCzech
Send a message

Post by hsanivaram
Hi wazer from India!

Here we have toll roads where only commercial vehicle is supposed to pay tax. Therefore i would love if taxi is update in it.

On its selection toll demarked for taxi will be activated on waze.

Vehicle type: TAXI
Navigation Type: Ability to mark commercial tolls.
hsanivaram
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Hypersky75
I'm a truck driver (18 wheeler) in Canada and would LOVE to have such a vehicle category added in the waze client.
As for truck navigation, I've seen very few truck-only roads segments so far, but a lot of no-trucks-allowed ones. There is also the question of weight, size, and hazardous material restrictions, but I think that would be too complicated for now (unless you guys are up for it!). I currently handle those with a truck GPS anyway, but I always have waze running beside it for traffic and live incidents reports. My GPS is also slow at re-routing, so waze is a great backup since it re-routes very quickly.
A truck driver mood, and a few different truck (and trailer) color choices for the vehicle icon display would be nice too.
Hypersky75
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by hzt9tx
Selecting Electric or EV as a fuel type would be incredibly useful for those of us who have range anxiety in the coldest months of commuting. Being able to select EV and Most Economical would ensure maximum distance for the charge available taking into consideration terrain and speed limits.
hzt9tx
Send a message

Post by Icebreaker1979
Would love to see a road type = ferry and have the ability to mark it as open/closed based on a schedule and/or high water/repairs.
Icebreaker1979
Send a message
Area Manager: Lexington, KY
Android 4.1.1 - Motorola Atrix HD (MB886) - AT&T

Post by icissel
I know this is an older thread and perhaps this has been addressed already. I work in emergency services and often times an accident is posted on waze before we even hear about it. When an accident occurs on a highway or other road where opposing traffic is divided by medians or barriers it makes it difficult to determine the exact location of the accident and the best route (i.e. getting on an on ramp to go north when you should go south). It would be great if there were an emergency mode where users could select their service area and view a list of recently posted accidents (or even recieve them as push notifications) to help find the best route to the accident.
icissel
Send a message

Post by im_anca
Vehicle : Motorcycle

It would be great if waze can add it, in Indonesia the population of motorcycle is enormous
and many road (Jakarta) that have motorcycle restriction, and many small alley that only motorcycle can pass, so it will help us (motorcycle user) a lot..
im_anca
Send a message

Post by itnives
I Totally agree with this I think it would help a lot. HOV is really big over here in northern virginia. Great Idea CBenson plus if there is away to avoid EZPASS lanes in the route that would be a really nice feature. Too many times I have gotten put on to those lanes using my gps and having to pay a fee.
CBenson wrote:I'm in the Washington, DC region of the United States and believe that you are not really serving the commuters here if you do not take the HOV restrictions into account. Thus the ability to designate HOV roads and HOV vehicles is needed. However, many of the HOV restrictions here are for only a portion of the day. Thus, HOV needs to be a quality/characteristic of the road (like toll is) and it needs to be able to vary based on the time of day. In other words, you will need to able to designate the road as HOV from 6:00 AM to 9:00 AM. During that time only HOV type vehicles can use the road. Additionally, it matters how many occupants the vehicle has here. In other words, some restrictions are HOV-2 (restricted to vehicles with 2 or more occupants) and some restrictions are HOV-3 (restricted to vehicles with 3 or more occupants). So ideally, you would be able to designate between HOV types. But I believe that just a HOV designation would be useful, even if you could not distinguished between HOV types.

There is also much discussion about the recently opened HOT/Express lanes in the area. The lanes are available either if you meet the HOV requirement or if you pay a toll. Thus, it would be beneficial if you could designate a road as both toll and HOV and that would allow routing if you have avoid toll road off or if you select that you are HOV.
itnives
Send a message

Post by jcluth
boodieman72 wrote:Another vote for truck routes. Just think off all the data Waze could get with a truck drivers using it.
I think they already are. I drove a thousand miles through OH, IN, IL, and MO in the middle of the night a few days ago and passed several fellow Wazers...and the only nearby vehicles were semis. In fact, I'd estimate that at least 1 out of every 10 trucks I encountered seemed to appear with a Waze avatar somewhere in the vicinity, and a few truckers I've seen on the forums here have said they keep Waze up for info on upcoming hazards (and likely cops, too).

Given that several states restrict the speeds of trucks (IN was 70/cars and 65 trucks, and CA is 70 cars/55 trucks, which is downright dangerous, IMHO, due to the speed differential), it probably isn't a bad idea to give trucks their own category on Waze.
jcluth
Send a message
iPhone 6 Plus, always latest versions of iOS and Waze unless otherwise specified

Post by jcluth
I misread the post I replied to. I missed the word "truck routes" and thought the poster was just suggesting that we can get lots of data from enticing truckers to use Waze. I simply meant to comment that it seems a lot of truckers already use Waze. I know nothing about how Waze should handle truck routes.
jcluth
Send a message
iPhone 6 Plus, always latest versions of iOS and Waze unless otherwise specified