Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Post by Snake68
davipt wrote:...

Picking on that, the French radars are also not illegal because the police also can't check the device, but my fellow truck drivers have been suffering when crossing France.
My facts were only for Germany. In other countries, I do not know the law.
Snake68
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by Taglar
I have used TomTom with radar warning and i use it with Waze too and i want do my own decision and will not be patronized.

I have never heard anyone get a penalty in my kinship or friendcircle.

If waze change this - waze will die for me!
Taglar
Send a message

Post by Taglar
McFloyd wrote::? This statement suggests that you seem to be often dangerously and criminal fast on the road. :lol:
Wrong!

For example, we were three about 400 km on the road and I sat in the back seat. For me, it was definitely not illegal at this point!

Let the user on the device decide if he like to use it and make it like TOMTOM - he informes the user on the device that the use is illegal as driver.
Taglar
Send a message

Post by Taglar
thomasstolz wrote:Maybe it was just a bit of "dangerous" for them. I hope the'll reactivate this feature soon.

:evil:
Up to this point - Waze - R.I.P :cry:
Taglar
Send a message

Post by tellytart
Is there any update yet on removing the speed camera locations in France? It is illegal to have a database of camera locations in France, and has been since January 2012, but travelling through France at the weekend I'm still being alerted to the physical locations.

Please either disable the camera alerts when in France, or remove the cameras completely, as I don't wish to fall foul of the law. (In France, the penalty is a fine of up to €1,500, confiscation of the device and possibly even confiscation of the car)
tellytart
Send a message

Post by TH3515
After 50,000 km of Waze-assisted driving, I will have to look for another app now. Without speed cam warnings, Waze is almost completely useless to me.
legal issues.....phhhhhwahh! You should have done some more research, because like this you will lose the majority of your German users in the mid-term.
What a waste of a truly brilliant Idea... :evil:

Bernhard
TH3515
Send a message

Post by TH3515
Dear Waze people,

You should at least have the honesty to change the thread subject. I'm pretty sure there were never any actual legal issues that lead to the removal of the speed cameras. They were thus removed in preemptive obedience, without assessment of the local legal situation.
How can you ecpect thousands of users to spend their valuable time idealistically working on improving the maps, reporting traffic, correcting errors etc. when you don't even go to the trouble of checking with a few experts that are competent in the local laws before you remove one of the most vital functions in your whole concept? This is ridiculous.
Don't be mislead by there being only a few responses in this thread. I bet most users never found it or didn't even look for it. They just moved on to one of the many apps that still offer the functionality you so light-heartedly threw away.
TH3515
Send a message

Post by Thetemp
what if users use map chat to report speed cameras will there still be legal issues?
Thetemp
Send a message

Post by Tilonius
This decision was a big mistake.
The user should decide whether to use it.
We will lose many users. :cry:
Tilonius
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Answers: 1
Send a message
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... gnatur.jpg and Area-Manager Cebu Island, Davao City and Parts of MM

Post by top_gun_de
shirlig wrote:Hi guys,

We have just removed from the map all the speed cameras in Denmark, Switzerland and Germany due to it being illegal in these countries.

we are examining ways to make Waze compliant with French law as well

Thanks,

Shirli
Shirli,

it would have been nice to discuss this with the community in these countries before taking such drastic measures. Waze has just established channeled community communications.

Best regards,

Detlev
top_gun_de
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message