Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by bz2012
I'm not sure what is going on with URO and URC.
It looks like some error in URO is preventing URC from working properly.

See
viewtopic.php?f=819&t=122776#p1477240

There seems to be a problem with URC and or URO.
The 'send' button doesn't work any more when URC has added a message to be sent until I actually type something in the message window. (adding a space at the end of the inserted message will do it).

THEN hitting 'SEND' works. Before that, nothing happens.

It is like WME doesn't see anything has been added to the message box and won't allow a send until it does.

Not sure if the error message russblau is seeing is related to the problem or not, but it does look related to
function uroTSTCommentAddedHandler()
and or function uroTSTOWLHandler()
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bz2012
Glodenox wrote:The issue with sending a comment has been researched and a solution has been found. It is not related to URC, though URC is experiencing the same issue.

Technical details: Waze now uses the change event to enable the send button, probably to prevent the sending of empty messages by accident. Entering a value in the textarea with JavaScript doesn't trigger the change event, so it had to be sent separately after setting the value. Relatively easy to fix, not so easy to discover. Personally, I'd just let the send button check whether the textarea is empty instead, as now you can still enter a space, remove the space and then press the send button...

Triggering the change event on the textarea fixes this:

Code: Select all

$(insertReferenceToTextareaHere).change();
EDIT: oops, thought this was the URC thread.
Where do I need to put that code? :)

EDIT: nevermind! The extension has been updated and fixed. THANKS to whomever done it!
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message
Last edited by bz2012 on Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by bz2012
Perhaps it is a secrete code: they line up all the different items in a certain order and treat them as a bit stream used to encode the version number.

As the version number gets incremented, it will seem to users as if random, senseless changes are taking place and properties being omitted at random. :)
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bz2012
I just made a temporary fix for that annoying message:
I searched for "may have opened" in the extension and added a "//" at the beginning of the line, turning that "uroShowAlertBox" statement into a comment.

No more annoying message after I saved the updated version of the script and restarted WME. :)
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bz2012
Twister-UK wrote:It would surprise me if this problem was related to either script, given the way they do (and more pertinently, don't) interact with the PUR object model.

And since I'm also seeing this PUR show up even without any scripts running, it'd really be a surprise if its appearance is being caused by anything other than native WME behaviour...
My guess, based on this problem and on the problems we had in Louisiana with closures disappearing and reappearing during the flooding, is that Waze has a server farm with the same data stored on several different machines. Those machines, theoretically, should have identical data.
This kind of problem occurs when the machines are NOT kept in sync and the downloaded data that you see on your machine is sometimes served from one machine and sometimes comes from another.

Since those machines have different data, what you see 'changes' from one download to another.

The 'cloud' shouldn't do things like this, but, in reality, the rain fall varies from point to point during most storms.
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bz2012
Latest URO+ update did something very strange when I was installing it: it seemed to invoke a session of WME!
Not sure how or why! I don't think I did anything to open a WME session as the update was being installed in tampermonkey.
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bz2012
After weeks of fighting and cursing the fact that URO+ would not work on WME but would on WME beta, and finding this was still true, even after this morning's update, I decided to backup and save a copy of my setting and then do a reset.

Something in my settings was breaking things. If I restore from them, I have the same problem, but after reset, the problem is gone. Don't know if you want a copy of the bad settings.
Let me know if you do.
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bz2012
If the PM doesn't come though intact, I can e-mail.
length 13,012 lines 16
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bz2012
I said: "Well doctor, it hurts when I do 'THIS'."
and the doctor said "Don't do 'that'!"
So I stopped doing 'that', and guess what? It stopped hurting!

:)

No idea how that got unchecked and went unnoticed. (Well I have an idea how it went unnoticed, I didn't notice that lil boxy thingy thar. )
Thank YOU for all the WAZE you help!
May all your WAZE be smooth!
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bz2012
Is this a problem in URO+?
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... /image.png

That number keeps increasing.

using Chrome Version 63.0.3239.84 (Official Build) (64-bit) and Tampermonkey in Win7ent. All items kept 'up-to-date'.
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message
Last edited by bz2012 on Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.