Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Post by no1ne
jasonh300 wrote:
kentsmith9 wrote:In The WME Toolbox thread, ncc1701v brought up a question around Same Connections:
OyyoDams wrote:The routing server doesn't like when 2 segments begin and end with same nodes. In this case, you should cut one of these segments with 1 more node. Source: Waze staff.
Here is an example of that condition.

https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=7&lat ... 07,5974627
That isn't an example of that condition. What OyyoDams is describing is a road that starts and ends on the same *node*...a closed loop.

What you linked to is a road that starts and ends on the same *segment*.
Nope when it involves
min 2 segments that starts and ends on same nodes => Same Connections segments
1 segment that start and end on same node => closed loop (note plural form or not)

As far as i remember it was about prety long segment that starts & ends on same nodes and it was brought up by waze staff as a source of possible routing issue ending with "could not find a route"
no1ne
Send a message
Localize Waze

Vous voulez adapter Waze dans une langue (régionale) non supportée contactez moi

Post by sketch
^ Isn't it just routing the long way cause that's which way it thinks you're facing at the start of the route?
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • beta leader • and more • new orleans

bye bye fuelly badge! i'm an EV guy now!

Post by sketch
That's something that definitely used to be an issue back in the Cartouche days, when the only way to connect segments was to "Connect in order of selection" -- there was no way the editor could know what exactly you meant by that. Other than that, though, all the examples I've seen so far appear to be "errors" only because Waze will give you the longer way around when it thinks you're pointing that direction. I would imagine if you started driving the other way then Waze would recalculate it the other way.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • beta leader • and more • new orleans

bye bye fuelly badge! i'm an EV guy now!

Post by Timbones
I've heard that small roads that connect to a main road at both ends can cause problems with routing. For example, a parking lot road that goes into a gas station and back out again. I.e. two segments connected by same two nodes.

I didn't believe it at first, but I've since seen a couple examples where it seems that the presence of a gas station 'loop' has disrupted routing a long the main road. The fix is to add an extra node into the middle of one of the segments.

I don't think this problem occurs all the time, but just when the neighbouring roads can provide an alternative route.

There may also be issues with routing to or from pairs of segments which are connected at both ends.

If this really is an issue, then we should collect some evidence and pass that on to Waze to fix. Correcting the map isn't a viable solution long term.

via mobile
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 2
Send a message
Timbones(6) • UK Coordinator • Forum Moderator • Closure Monitor
Scripts: WME Colour HighlightsWME Route TesterWME Geometries