Post by deeggo
Lucky you! In the cases that you saw, did it actually prevent routing?
deeggo
Send a message
Global Champ. Country manager Nederland & België
NL: Wiki: hoe label ik een (snel)weg correct?
HTC One M8 | Follow me on Twitter
Join Dropbox, free online file sync! Register through this link and give you and me 250MB extra for free. Thanks!

Post by deeggo
gerben wrote:I managed to close the N35 singlehandedly. It has a l5 travel lock.
Did you check that it was blocked for others too? Cause blocking yourself works perfect.
deeggo
Send a message
Join Dropbox, free online file sync! Register through this link and give you and me 250MB extra for free. Thanks!

Post by deeggo
petervdveen wrote:Just noticed today all roads where closed for the triathlon in a village nearby.
So it's working after al ;-)
Where is that? Just curious how it looks, I've never seen an event in the wild.
deeggo
Send a message

Post by deeggo
Never mind, found it in the confirmation sheet.
deeggo
Send a message

deeggo
Send a message

Post by edsonajj
foxitrot wrote:
sketch wrote:So there's no real need for the routing server to be time-zone-aware except perhaps for proper ETA calculations on routes that cross time zone lines.
Someone sitting near a time zone line may be willing to try this out: two similar TBTRs valid since e.g. 10:00 at two sides of the line, a route through them at 8:30, 9:30, 10:30, 11:30 and note, which one is when taken.
When helping with the scheduled blocks for the Mexico City Marathon I had to provide groups of segment IDs and closure times for each group... I guess this could be used to set different times the correspond with the time in each side of the time line.
edsonajj
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Edson Jiménez

Post by edsonajj
sketch wrote:
foxitrot wrote:
sketch wrote:So there's no real need for the routing server to be time-zone-aware except perhaps for proper ETA calculations on routes that cross time zone lines.
Someone sitting near a time zone line may be willing to try this out: two similar TBTRs valid since e.g. 10:00 at two sides of the line, a route through them at 8:30, 9:30, 10:30, 11:30 and note, which one is when taken.
Staff informed us that TBTRs are not time zone aware, I believe.

My extrapolation is based not only on personal experience and conjecture but also on that statement from staff.
This is a screenshot of some of the data that I was asked for when preparing for the Mexico City Marathon so I still maintain that for events it would be easy to use as a way to manage different time zones.
edsonajj
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Attachments
Edson Jiménez

Post by fer.caballero
You can find it here:
https://www.waze.com/events/unready
As far as I know the events with no "Created by" are included by the Staff.
fer.caballero
Send a message
Waze on Xiaomi Redmi Note 6
Madrid / Pinto / Navalperal de Pinares / Montijo / Isla de Tenerife / Isla de La Palma / Isla del Hierro

Cierres activos por el WEEC: https://megustawaze.com/cierres/
Eventos programados en Waze: https://www.waze.com/es/events

https://s.waze.tools/s0150.pnghttps://s.waze.tools/c4s.png

Post by foxitrot
From one local event I've personally tested a month ago - there were looooads of report pins, unfortunately just a few of the requested segments were red-white-dashed and too often it was perfectly possible to obtain a valid route along the segments-to-be-closed. I've written an extensive report with many screenshots to Waze, they thanked for it and that was it. I have a hope that now it is better tuned...
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
...with the good old crashing :roll: Symbian 2.1.99.114 (on N-E52), while
trying to get used to the good new asocial Android 4.xx.0.yyy (on OP-X March-me-Low).

Post by foxitrot
MReiser4670 wrote:With the number of segments affected, I have a feeling there will be hundreds of pins showing up on the client. Not sure how that's going to look?
Isn't there some 20 or 40 pin limit to be displayed, similarly to the wazers' icons?
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
...with the good old crashing :roll: Symbian 2.1.99.114 (on N-E52), while
trying to get used to the good new asocial Android 4.xx.0.yyy (on OP-X March-me-Low).