Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by kristin_wester
jasonh300 wrote:@kristin_wester

That's almost certainly a GPS connection problem, rather than the Apple Maps Location bug.

The Apple Maps bug really only presented itself when looking at the tracks in the editor. From what I saw of it, it didn't affect screen display.
I dont follow you here, do you mean that I have a hw problem rather then sw?...
What I know is that I have this problem every time Im using waze (which is daily).
Any tips on how I can make it go away?
ps thanks for your effort!
kristin_wester
Send a message

Post by kristin_wester
jasonh300 wrote:
kristin_wester wrote:I dont follow you here, do you mean that I have a hw problem rather then sw?...
What I know is that I have this problem every time Im using waze (which is daily).
Any tips on how I can make it go away?
ps thanks for your effort!
Unless I misunderstood the Apple Maps screenshot you posted above, it also has the same problem. So that's why I'm thinking a hardware issue. That's where your GPS thinks you actually are. You could also try pulling up your location on the Google Maps app, or any other to see what your position is. If it's inaccurate like that, it points to a GPS issue.

Do you have your iPhone mounted under your windshield, so that it has a clear "view" of the sky? If it's in a cupholder, or in your lap, underneath the roof of the car, that can block some of the GPS signals and cause all sorts of location problems.

Which iPhone do you have?
My thoughts was that Waze was using the GPS in the phone... and that that was the problem.
I havent checked with google, will do that!

This is the most crazy positioning problems I have, I also have the problem with that my car "jumps" to smaller roads when I pass. (The road could be in an complete different angle). And then I get instructions to turn left and right all though Im allready on the right track
kristin_wester
Send a message

Post by kristin_wester
jasonh300 wrote:Waze does use the GPS in the phone. That's why I suggested that you mount your GPS under the windshield so there's nothing between your device and the sky other than the glass.
Sorry missed that part, Yes it got "blue sky"-connection in the windshield :D
For me I first noticed this problem when I upgraded to the iOS6.1.3, why I assumed that it was a sw bug of some sort...

thanks again :)
kristin_wester
Send a message

Post by kristin_wester
sketch wrote:It could potentially be a problem with Apple's software or firmware, but it's not a problem with Waze.

well I sure have a problem. I will check further with Apple
Thanks again!
kristin_wester
Send a message

Post by Machete808
I am glad to hear about progress on this issue in the beta.

Any ETA on the release?
Machete808
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/on9 ... i.png?dl=0https://www.dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s ... x.png?dl=0
U.S. Local Champ
Hawaii State Manager
California State Manager
Country manager, U.S.
Welcome, new editors:
Here's a good place to start!

Post by sketch
Not that we need any more examples, but if it's any comfort, it's happening in my backyard too.

I did this drive specifically to map the construction diversion, so my line should be following the selected segment.

sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • beta leader • and more • new orleans

bye bye fuelly badge! i'm an EV guy now!

Post by sketch
kristin_wester wrote:Still waiting for these issues to be fixed. is it just me???
This was fixed in Waze 3.7, if I'm not mistaken.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:

Post by sketch
Could you post a screenshot of Apple Maps in that same location?

This may be a different problem.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by sketch
It could potentially be a problem with Apple's software or firmware, but it's not a problem with Waze.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message