PH: inquiry feedback: waze search feature

Post by SpeedDzel
Heeello wazers! magandang araw sa lahat,

the waze team is conducting an investigation on our clients' SEARCH feature..
apparently, the SEARCH engine is not returning any results...

may we ask you guys (& gals) to check your apps for anomalies?

the sooner we could return feedbacks to Waze HQ, the sooner this bug would be fixed.

Thank you in advance wazers, Mabuhay!
SpeedDzel
Coordinators
Coordinators

POSTER_ID:4622732

Send a message
proud member of TEAM APAC! (formerly S.E.A.)

Pinoy wazers... join the Pinoy waze community on Facebook

Post by mponteres
seems the issue has been fixed. Search Engines are not missing after 2 weeks of utilizing waze for iOS. Will continue to monitor and post update if issue still occur.
mponteres
Send a message
[img]https:///9Lblq[/img]

Post by palin_1274
This happened to me three times already when I updated the Waze app on android.

What i did was to uninstall Waze and install it again.

This brings back the search options.
palin_1274
Send a message

Post by RangeRoverHSE
What I noticed may be connected to the searches. I tried to upload other voice prompts when you press the general button and you have the choices off the english or UK language and that of the spoken language. I always choose a english woman "Natalie" but after a while of using Viber, more often the default voice is again used and I can no longer select "natalie" as my voice. Is there a way we can prevent this? When I reset the phone and restarted the program again, my chosen voice is gone and it is reverted back to the standard voice :idea: So if anyone has an idea to fix this please it will be mucho mucho appreciation. I also do the uninstall and install procedure but it still happens.
RangeRoverHSE
Send a message

Post by SpeedDzel
Mabuhay wazers!

may i further inquire into your SEARCH engines... as observed, we have search under 2 areas, namely CATEGORIES & NAVIGATE.

in CATEGORIES, we have several Criteria of interest. tapping on any one of these brings us to the search results screen where below we find the 4 main search engines.
Question: does your 4 search engines return search results?

again, your feedback on this matter will be highly appreciated.

Happy Wazin'
SpeedDzel
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by SpeedDzel
mponteres wrote:I do experience this. Waze, Foursquare, Google search option is not visible, only the contacts are available. As a resolution, I delete the app and install it again. Btw, I am using the latest version (Waze 3.6 for iOS).
Hi Mark!

may i presume you're searching under the NAVIGATE search? and that you've tried tapping the other search engine buttons?

thank you so much for the feedback & specs, this will help Waze techs sort out the bugs further... :D
SpeedDzel
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by SpeedDzel
Hi cerebralflip & palin_1274,
palin_1274 wrote:This happened to me three times already when I updated the Waze app on android.

What i did was to uninstall Waze and install it again.

This brings back the search options.
cerebralflip wrote:Been having this problem for the longest time. For both types of searches, navigation and categories, it only searches the contacts. The other search engines don't show up. Is the solution to delete and reinstall? I have the latest version of waze, iphone 4s, ios6. Any suggestions?
I'm collating problems & issues on this matter to be submitted back to waze HQ.
currently, the waze team has not come up with any specific cause of this issue.
we sure appreciate very much the feedback. rest assured, the techies will try their best to sort this thing out.

Happy Wazin!
-SpeedDzel-
SpeedDzel
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by SpeedDzel
toichitoria wrote:Search engine option hasn't been working for me as well. It uses "contacts results". Uninstalling and reinstalling Waze worked for me too.
calicantzaros wrote:Same with me. Search Engines always disappear from time to time.
mponteres wrote:Until now, after updating Waze for iOS to version 3.7, I do experience again missing search engine, only see Contacts. I thought it will fix the issue :shock:
jopeandcathy wrote:I too am having this problem. All I have is "Other search engines" which doesn't provide any help at all in navi search.
furuboru wrote:Looks like that did it too! :P
RangeRoverHSE wrote:What I noticed may be connected to the searches. I tried to upload other voice prompts when you press the general button and you have the choices off the english or UK language and that of the spoken language. I always choose a english woman "Natalie" but after a while of using Viber, more often the default voice is again used and I can no longer select "natalie" as my voice. Is there a way we can prevent this? When I reset the phone and restarted the program again, my chosen voice is gone and it is reverted back to the standard voice :idea: So if anyone has an idea to fix this please it will be mucho mucho appreciation. I also do the uninstall and install procedure but it still happens.
ae58 wrote:i encounter this problem frequently. it is a pain to always delete & reinstall the app, specially if you're on the road & you have to rely on 3G to download the app.

iPhone 4G iOS 6.1.3
Waze 3.7.2
warfab wrote:I thought I was the only one. Seems that delete and reinstall is the solution for now...
Hello wazers,

apparently, waze HQ still hasn't solved this persistent problem & the Dev Team still has this issue under the microscope...

:(
SpeedDzel
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by SpeedDzel
Hello wazers,

cerebralflip
palin_1274
toichitoria
calicantzaros
mponteres
jopeandcathy
furuboru
RangeRoverHSE
ae58
warfab

may we bother you further for more info/detail of your encounters?
if we may ask for the following;

1)exact time/date SEARCH was executed and returned an error,
2)your username
3)your device name/model used during the error.
-Optional) other info/detail that may help to identify the bug.

your data will be used to pinpoint with precision the bug in the servers.

your assistance will highly be appreciated by the wazing community.

Thanks!
-SpeedDzel/Louis-
SpeedDzel
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by SpeedDzel
warfab wrote:@SpeedDzel: If ever the problem comes back again, I'll post here :D
thanks warfab. waze is still waiting for our feedback. until we catch a 'LIVE' one, will update them ASAP :D
SpeedDzel
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message