Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

[Script] WME Permalink+ (WP+)

Post by berestovskyy
The script is no longer work in the latest WME.
Please disable/remove it.

https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/0/04/WP%2B.jpg
Hi!
This script improves permalink in Waze Map Editor. The following features are supported:
  • W - permalink to non-beta version of Waze Map Editor with default set of layers, i.e. a permalink to share.
  • L - permalink to Waze Livemap.
  • + - paste a permalink from another window to position your current window to the same location.
    For instance, you can paste a non-beta permalink to position your WME beta window.
Why WP+?
  • With WP+ you can just copy a permalink. No need to click on it.
  • WP+ takes care about selected segments, landmarks, nodes and cameras.
  • WP+ works both in WME and latest WME beta 1.3.
Installation:
  1. For Google Chrome browser please download WP+.1.0.3.crx: link to Crome CRX package
    Then drag and drop it into your Chrome Extensions Tab (chrome://extensions/)
  2. For Firefox/Greasemonkey please install the script from userscripts.org: link
Enjoy ;)

Changelog:
03.11.2013 v1.0.3:
- minor fixes for firefox
29.10.2013 v1.0.1:
- added support for Waze environments
07.10.2013 v1.0:
- new WME paths
- fixed Livemap zoom level
- new feature: you can add/remove your own pemalinks (beta)
28.08.2013 v0.99.3:
- updated to the current version of WME (new paths)
24.08.2013 v0.99.2:
- updated to the current version of WME (with Street View)
15.08.2013 v0.99.1:
- fixed NA livemap zoom levels in permalinks and URL parser
06.08.2013 v0.99:
- initial release: this is a cut down version of my WOMP script

Known issues:
  • None!
berestovskyy

POSTER_ID:2630595

Send a message
Last edited by berestovskyy on Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:23 am, edited 11 times in total.

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
http://www.waze.com/wiki/index.php?titl ... et_Scripts has a bookmarklet for going from WME to livemap (and the reverse) which supports zoom.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
gohamstergo wrote:livemap link still isnt zooming for me
You could add a bookmarklet to your browser from the link above. That's all I've ever used; don't need an extension.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
berestovskyy wrote:To switch from non-beta to beta WME, you just copy non-beta permalink and then paste it in beta WME using the "+" permalink button. Switching between non-beta and beta saves the selection of segments, landmarks, nodes or cameras.
Do you just drop the layers selection with your code? The layers in prod and beta do not align and does strange things....
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
berestovskyy wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Do you just drop the layers selection with your code? The layers in prod and beta do not align and does strange things....
Hi!
In parseURL() I always set layers to TBFTFFTTTTTTTTTTTTTFTTTTFTF for beta and BFTFFTTTTTTTTTTTTTFTTTTFTT for prod. Just checked on another PC - works fine in Chrome and Firefox. Shall I just omit "layers" parameter, what do you think?
I need to update my bookmarklet. I want to keep all other parameters and just drop the layers I think.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:http://www.waze.com/wiki/index.php?titl ... et_Scripts has a bookmarklet for going from WME to livemap (and the reverse) which supports zoom.
Thanks! Livemap zoom is hotfixed ;)
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
gohamstergo wrote:livemap link still isnt zooming for me
Hi!
Sorry, I was in the middle of code refactoring, so it took me some time to fix this. I thoroughly tested NA editor and livemap with the links you send me in PM, so I hope it works OK now ;) Please find the links to v0.99.1 in my original post.

To switch from non-beta to beta WME, you just copy non-beta permalink and then paste it in beta WME using the "+" permalink button. Switching between non-beta and beta saves the selection of segments, landmarks, nodes or cameras.

At the moment to switch back from livemap to the editor you have to copy livemap permalink (top-right corner) and then in the WME editor just paste it using the "+" permalink button. I'm going to implement an edit link right in the livemap view and some more new features in september.

Ciao!
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Do you just drop the layers selection with your code? The layers in prod and beta do not align and does strange things....
Hi!
In parseURL() I always set layers to TBFTFFTTTTTTTTTTTTTFTTTTFTF for beta and BFTFFTTTTTTTTTTTTTFTTTTFTT for prod. Just checked on another PC - works fine in Chrome and Firefox. Shall I just omit "layers" parameter, what do you think?

I just noticed that you can't paste ROW permalinks into USA WME and vice versa. It simply stays on the same server. Will be fixed later.
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:The layers in prod and beta do not align and does strange things....
I need to update my bookmarklet. I want to keep all other parameters and just drop the layers I think.
Ah, ok. I was afraid my script does the mess :-D

It's easy to find out the correlation between the versions, but my original idea was to reset the layers to their "defaults". For instance, the "Editable Area" layer dims out the map if you have no rights, so it's hard to see the map details for most of low level editors.
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
paulkok_my wrote:Hope it can be fixed as It's useful for me to provide permalink to my CMs or higher level editors who are not beta testers.
Thanks for your message. Updated, please see version 0.99.2 in my original post.

Please let me know if you have any other issues/suggestions.

Thanks!
berestovskyy
Send a message