World's Mega Traffic Events - All You Need To Know  Topic is solved

The Waze Community is working together to fight chaotic traffic events worldwide

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, orit_y, mbino16

Re: World's Mega Traffic Events - All You Need To Know

Postby the1who » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:04 pm

shawndoc wrote:
shawndoc wrote:
orit_y wrote:- Upcoming events will be announced in this new forum and be covered thanks to your contributions

So why am I not seeing any covered events? Certainly you must have done one other than the Tour de France.

How do I know if the event I submitted was picked up?

Bumping my own post in hopes of a reply.

Amit has told me only about 6 or so events on their website will be covered there, all other events submitted through the form will be handled through client side.

"...we use the events.waze.com to only 5-6 major events which will create major traffic events."

So submit events, it will still benefit client users.
the1who
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby kodi75 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:48 pm

I saw a post on Facebook about the Mexico City Marathon ..
kodi75
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby HandofMadness » Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:22 am

shawndoc wrote:
orit_y wrote:- Upcoming events will be announced in this new forum and be covered thanks to your contributions

So why am I not seeing any covered events? Certainly you must have done one other than the Tour de France.

Bumping my own post in hopes of a reply.
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby AndyPoms » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:44 am

mon4ch0 wrote:1. Is there a possibility to close a road automatically according to a specific characteristic of the city "behaviour"?. Example: Here in Bogotá Colombia we always close on sundays some specific main roads in order to let the people use them (By bike, walking, running, skating and so on) from 7am to 2pm.
No, there is another system for these reoccurring closures that is currently being beta tested. If you can get the info to a local editor with access to the beta version of WME they can add these restrictions and they will go live to the routing servers on the next tile build.

mon4ch0 wrote:2. When there's a monday holiday in Colombia, there's a special operation for the people that return to the city and some roads are close until 6pm.Is there a way to specify that behaviour even if a user is not able to be there to report the closure ? (There's a big chance that most users are not able to get there on time to report the road closed).
The system mentioned above does not support holidays at this time.
AndyPoms
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby mon4ch0 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:35 pm

This is awesome!, I just have a few questions:

1. Is there a possibility to close a road automatically according to a specific characteristic of the city "behaviour"?. Example: Here in Bogotá Colombia we always close on sundays some specific main roads in order to let the people use them (By bike, walking, running, skating and so on) from 7am to 2pm.
2. When there's a monday holiday in Colombia, there's a special operation for the people that return to the city and some roads are close until 6pm.Is there a way to specify that behaviour even if a user is not able to be there to report the closure ? (There's a big chance that most users are not able to get there on time to report the road closed).

Thanks in advance. :D
mon4ch0

Postby kodi75 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:39 pm

I should have tried a virtual route (on Live Map) over this past weekend to see if Waze would have routed me around the section of I-95 I flagged / submitted to be closed.
kodi75
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby HandofMadness » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:45 am

HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby AndyPoms » Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:35 pm

kodi75 wrote:I submitted one for I-95 in Delaware. On the first page of the submittal I made it clear the times the roads would be closed. The second page (with the permalinks of the affected roads) does not allow me to specify a date along with the time(s).
Several of us have asked use to have them change that & allow date/time entry for each closure.

I'll take a look at what you've submitted & PM orit_y (Waze staffer who made the original post) to make sure they do it correctly. They may email your directly about this to verify things...
AndyPoms
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby kodi75 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:27 pm

I submitted one for I-95 in Delaware. On the first page of the submittal I made it clear the times the roads would be closed. The second page (with the permalinks of the affected roads) does not allow me to specify a date along with the time(s).
kodi75
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby AndyPoms » Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:00 pm

kodi75 wrote:Are closures submitted through this Event Traffic Center limited to the Tiles Update schedule, or are they more time-specific, for example, 8 pm on a Friday through 5 am the following Monday?
These closures are not limited to tile updates, and does support things like 8pm on Friday through 5am on Monday. Please make it clear that it is a continious closure when you are submitting it (so they do one continuous closures instead of a repeating closure that would close the road from 8pm to 5am the next morning for Friday night, Saturday night & Sunday night).
AndyPoms
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to World's Mega Traffic Events