Post by Bigbear3764
Good to know. I have had them pop up by me too where streets by schools become one way during school hours. Threw me for a loop once when I looked in street view and saw the Do Not Enter signs. Looking closer, I can see they are hinged and fold up after school.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bigbear3764
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by CBenson
Draft looks good. It seems much more focused on turn restrictions than segment restrictions. That is there is no discussion about the A-B issues. But that can be covered in the reversible road discussions.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by CBenson
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:All the necessary image files are already uploaded.

Lastly, I am working on replacing the jpeg files with GIFs because of the pretty look you can get with the rounded corners due to transparency of the corner pixels.
But the already uploaded files that you would like added to the scheduled restrictions page are the jpg files, right?
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CBenson
Here is a slightly clearer one.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by dmcconachie
I think "Turn Restrictions" would be better labelled, "Traffic Flow Restrictions"

I have a couple that the straight on is restricted and require a turn to avoid.
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status

Post by kentsmith9
Sketch, that seems overly complicated. I was assuming we would focus on the editing controls themselves showing how each one works. I don't see a need to show how each one works under each combination. Maybe I am not following your proposal.

Alan, in the other thread I commented we would just have a disambiguation page, but looking at your trial page I actually like the deeper detail that you can cover in that page. I still propose that the details for all the different restriction types go to their respective pages (as I posted in http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 6&start=10)

I think we now have two threads on what I believe is ultimately the same topic so we may want to consider either merging or closing one of them.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
I think we are pretty close. However I think we only have two kinds of restrictions:

1. An entire road (segment) can be restricted for through travel for one or both directions.
2. Specific turns (or continuations) from a road (segment) to another road (segment).

Then within these restrictions you can further specify it applies to all vehicles types or just a particular selection of vehicles. It is not as if the vehicle type is its own set of restrictions. They are a function of the first two above.

I think this makes more sense because that is how the user will set these restrictions.

I am fine with the list of examples. That helps people translate from the real world into WME.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
Any photograph not explicitly given to public domain is the copyright of the photographer. Therefore only if Waze has permission to use images from street view can we use clips from it. So we need to ask Waze the question.

Images just pulled from the web are not public domain. I have many of my personal photos appearing in Google image searches from people copying my images from Flickr even though they are my copyright. I don't have enough money to sue them all. :evil:
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
sketch wrote:I can't imagine posting screenshots of our editor in our user documentation would be a problem. Plenty of Bing aerials in the wiki.
The Bing aerials are already licensed to Waze, so they are not a problem. We are presuming with good faith that the Streetview images are also being licensed to Waze, but as you said, until it is in the released editor, we might be wrong that the license agreements are all signed and complete. I agree to hold off putting the street view images in the wiki until the editor is released with the street view link from Waze.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message