[Script] WME Junction Node Fixer v0.0.8.2 2014-01-29

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Junction Node Fixer v0.0.8.2 2014-01-29

Postby doctorkb » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:08 pm

bgodette wrote:
doctorkb wrote:Can I suggest that lower ranking be split before longer?

If the short segment is a parking lot, it should still be the one to get a penalty over a street...
FYI all this connected to same node fix does is deal with a display problem in WME when drawing the route proposed by Waze. There is no actual issue being fixed by this in terms of end-user experience or routing.

Ok -- but making the change (i.e. putting that node in there) can introduce a few things:
1. if it's on a corner (a likely place for a geometry node, where the junction would be created), there could suddenly be a "turn left" or "turn right" instruction when before there was none.

2. there will be an additional penalty introduced (at least until the routing engine gets better knowledge of traffic)

So does it not make sense to penalize the lower-classed street first?
Waze Global Champ
Country Manager: Canada
Area Manager: Edmonton, AB; Prince George, BC; Calgary, AB; Maui, HI; and various places in between
ImageImage
doctorkb
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: [Script] WME Junction Node Fixer v0.0.8.2 2014-01-29

Postby doctorkb » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:38 pm

bgodette wrote:There are no instructions when there are no alternatives. That's in the Wiki btw.

I *know* I have received instructions when the street names are different, even when there's no alternative.

That said, I understand that we're talking about the same street names -- that's not to say that one won't get edited at some point and the other not, resulting in different ones by accident.

I'm still not clear why this is an argument -- if you have a highway that takes a nice gentle curve, and a street that cuts it off, why should we be putting the extra node into the highway?

Nodes *do* reduce the traffic display and reporting (i.e. if you report heavy traffic, it is only for the node you're on... too many nodes and the "heavy traffic" looks to be a very short span, when in fact, it can be long).
Waze Global Champ
Country Manager: Canada
Area Manager: Edmonton, AB; Prince George, BC; Calgary, AB; Maui, HI; and various places in between
ImageImage
doctorkb
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: [Script] WME Junction Node Fixer v0.0.7.5 Dec 23 2012

Postby doomedtx » Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:38 pm

I've been getting permission errors when using JNF in conjunction with other commands. I'm guessing it might be due to the WME update, and therefore JNF might need an update too. For example, an unlocked dead-end segment is marked unknown and in the wrong place. I move it to the correct alignment, then QW to make it two-way and allow all turns. At the end I get a "you do not have permissions to make this change" or something like that. I undo the JNF actions, save, then QW again, save, no problems.

Is anyone else experiencing this?
ImageImage
AM for Arkansas
doomedtx

Postby doomedtx » Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:15 am

Mike-1323 wrote:
doomedtx wrote:I've been getting permission errors when using JNF in conjunction with other commands. I'm guessing it might be due to the WME update, and therefore JNF might need an update too. For example, an unlocked dead-end segment is marked unknown and in the wrong place. I move it to the correct alignment, then QW to make it two-way and allow all turns. At the end I get a "you do not have permissions to make this change" or something like that. I undo the JNF actions, save, then QW again, save, no problems.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Yes, but I think that is a bug in the newest version of the editor, not JNF. Can you confirm that it never happens when JNF isn't running?

After I posted that I played with it some more. It happened without JNF as well and with other multi-junction operations such as deleting multiple unneeded junctions. So, moving my comments to the WME forum when I get a chance...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
ImageImage
AM for Arkansas
doomedtx

Postby doomedtx » Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:40 am

Mike-1323 wrote:I think that if it is a dead end road then JNF will set it as 2-way. If it is an unknown direction with both ends connected to other segments then JNF doesn't change the direction.

Yes, that's the kind of segment I meant.
ImageImage
AM for Arkansas
doomedtx

Postby drive4fun2me » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:48 pm

I am running chrome and have crx version 0.0.7.7 but for some reason, I am unable to use it. I select a segment and press the "Q" on keyboard and nothing happens. Can someone please help.
drive4fun2me

Postby drive4fun2me » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:42 pm

drive4fun2me wrote:I am running chrome and have crx version 0.0.7.7 but for some reason, I am unable to use it. I select a segment and press the "Q" on keyboard and nothing happens. Can someone please help.

Thanks for many quick responses.

It seems that i was able to get the crx to work finally but there are 2 outstanding issues/questions. I would very much appreciate help.

1. Ever since I got JNF activated, the top of the WME bar (where you have the save button) disappears. So I can only see the bottom of the save button, but not the count of changes

2. In many instances, when you press the Q button. the JNF makes some changes in the immediate area. However, if I press Q again, it makes additional changes moving outward. Sometimes a third Q press will result in even more changes. What is going on
What changes are made when Q is pressed once
What changes are made when Q is pressed again
drive4fun2me

Postby drive4fun2me » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:04 pm

it would be great if JNF could also automatically add u-turn at the end of the dead-end road, as obviously there has to be a way to get out of a dead end road :)
drive4fun2me

Postby drive4fun2me » Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:28 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:JNF was specifically designed to NOT enable the u-turn at the dead-end junction due to the way Waze overuses them. When the routing engine is fixed to stop doing this, then I'd agree that JNF could change.

I was not aware of the Waze routing issue. With that in mind, it makes absolute sense that JNF does not make u turns at dead end roads.
drive4fun2me

Postby enhket » Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:24 pm

no, it is not working ;)
Christopher Enhket
Languages: Español, English, Français, Português.
Coordinator, Beta editor/Editing expert, Campeón.
Communities established: 8
enhket
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts