Post by doctorkb
photoplex wrote:
Raiden38 wrote:In my area (Laval, Québec), Waze does not find any gas stations, even if they show on the map and i'm standing 25ft of it!!!
For a gas station to be discoverable, the "Brand" field for the Gas Station Landmark object must be completed. If it is left blank, it will not be a discoverable gas station when you try to report a gas price.

Many of the gas stations in my area were not discoverable until I edited them to add the various brands (Esso, Husky etc) to the Brand field.
That's contrary to the published documentation (i.e. you're supposed to leave "Brand" unselected if it isn't one of the brands listed)... but not surprising that it's relevant.

It could also be that the landmark has to have been "touched" since a certain date...
doctorkb
Answers: 4
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
I can't... it's not working for me around Edmonton right now.
doctorkb
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
Both!
doctorkb
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
wayner99 wrote:How hard is this to fix?

Code: Select all

If Country = "Canada" Then
   MinValidPrice = 0.80
   MaxValidPrice = 2.00
Endif
Is that really so hard? This has been going on for months.

I won't even charge you to use my code. :lol:
Haha. I don't know how their system is set up, but it seems to be non-trivial to resolve.
doctorkb
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
I'll check with Amit and let you know.
doctorkb
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
See above.

This is a known issue -- Canada has been rolled in with the US's price limits ($2.00-$5.00?) so any attempt to report a price outside that range fails.

I've requested that the lower limit be reduced to $0.50 until they sort Canada out of the US, but apparently that hasn't been done.
doctorkb
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
Indeed. As gas prices go online in other countries, they're assigning price range limits on a country-by-country basis.

I suspect that the issue is they applied the US ones to the entire server, rather than doing it the same way they have on ROW.
doctorkb
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
Unfortunately, the Waze app only supports four grades. I did try to get "Super-Premium (94)" included, but no dice.

The most common are: 87, 89, 91 & diesel. I don't know of anyone who *needs* 94 -- though I know of some who *prefer* it. :)

At this point, I just want the thing turned on properly -- if gas starts approaching $2 per litre in a populated area, I'll push hard to have the limit changed quickly. Somehow I think that for now, a $0.75 to $2.00 limit should more than cover our prices.
doctorkb
Send a message

Post by dubdeno
hmarian wrote:I tried to punch in price for gas station a couple of days ago and below is the error I'm getting:

http://i42.tinypic.com/5ewfab.jpg

Could someone show an evidence of gas station in Canada accepting prices in the $1.20-$1.40 range per litter?

Cheers,
Hagay.
I too am getting this same error when trying to enter gas prices locally. Hopefully this can be resolved soon.
dubdeno
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/5/5a/W ... M_only.png
Morgan [dub]
Area Manager [Nanaimo, BC]

Post by dubdeno
doctorkb wrote:See above.

This is a known issue -- Canada has been rolled in with the US's price limits ($2.00-$5.00?) so any attempt to report a price outside that range fails.

I've requested that the lower limit be reduced to $0.50 until they sort Canada out of the US, but apparently that hasn't been done.
Cheers! Sorry I missed that reading through the thread.
dubdeno
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/5/5a/W ... M_only.png
Morgan [dub]
Area Manager [Nanaimo, BC]