Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
1. Include the city and state in the "Subject:" line of your post
2. Include a Permalink to the segment(s) you wish to unlock or have updated
3. Provide a short explanation of why you need the unlock or update done.
4. Thank the user who solved the request and mark the thread Solved.

Please note that a higher level editor may choose to fix an unlock request themselves so higher value segments will remain protected at their level.

Forum rules
1. Include the city and FULL state name in the "Subject:" line of your post
2. Include a Permalink to the segment(s) you wish to unlock or have updated
3. Provide a short explanation of why you need the unlock or update done.
4. When completed, THANK the user who solved the request and mark the thread SOLVED.

lvl 5: West Sacramento, CA - U-turn should be allowed

Post by dbraughlr
https://www.waze.com/editor/?lon=-121.5 ... s=67027099

U-turn from the WB off-ramp onto the EB on-ramp is explicitly permitted by signage and pavement markings.
dbraughlr

POSTER_ID:16783633

Send a message

Post by dbraughlr
I would like an example from-where-to-where route that would use the U-turn.
dbraughlr
Send a message
Ѭ

Post by dbraughlr
In this specific case there is just no way that it could be faster. The WB biz-80 ramp backs up from the traffic light. The direct ramp has no light and easily has 10 times the capacity.

But if the WB ramp plus U-turn were truly faster such as in the case of an accident or closure of the direct ramp, I don't see why the U-turn shouldn't be used.

It sounds like you are disallowing the legal U-turn as a matter of standard procedure rather than because there is an actual problem with allowing this specific turn.
dbraughlr
Send a message
Ѭ

Post by jemay
It is not allowed in Waze because if it is allowed, Waze does/have done routes that would do the "u-turn" then we will get complaints from users about the weird route. Wiki
jemay
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
:arrow: PLEASE READ: Wiki Resources: FAQ|Best Practices|Editing issues?
Global Champ | Assistant Regional Coordinator for US South West - CA,NV,UT,AZ,NM,CO,HI | CM for US

Android & Carplay - Verizon

Post by jemay
I am not able to for that intersection because it is restricted currently. We have gotten complaints about getting off and on all the time...

One possible route would be a North-bounder I-5er wants to go Eastbound I-80, but Waze instructs them to go Westbound I-80 then take that off ramp make the u-turn and back onto Eastbound I-80 because Waze calculates that as being faster, but people would then complain that is a BAD route. Waze is always working on the routing engine, but the one thing to help stop those weird routes was to not allow the off then back on and that is why it is in the wiki.
jemay
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Global Champ | Assistant Regional Coordinator for US South West - CA,NV,UT,AZ,NM,CO,HI | CM for US

Post by jemay
Yes standard procedure. And has been discussed several times in the forum. In several states it is illegal to go off then back onto a freeway. I have personally seen where my route did do such a thing of being routed off the freeway crossed the road and then back onto the freeway and yes it was legal (based on signage (arrow showing it was allowed). But at the time there was no traffic on the freeway to warrant that route. So you will see a lot of off and then back on not allowed (following the wiki standards). Waze has been working on trying to resolve that problem, but we still see examples of that problem when people submit UR about a weird route.
jemay
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message