The place to discuss editing specifically related to house numbering (addresses): how to optimize locations, set stop-points, etc.

Mix of odd and even house numbers on same side of street

Post by Craig-S
I was trying to update the address and house number for a business at 1753 S Belt Line Rd, Dallas, Texas as I tried to navigate there and it put me in a public neighborhood a couple blocks away. I tried to update the mad to add a house number, but it says I can't and something about wrong side of the street. At this intersection there is an address of 1800 and 1811 right beside it which is obviously wrong. The 1800 address is wrong as the even numbers are across the street. Can someone remove the 1800 and possibly the "forced" 1811 so I can update with more correct positions and add 1753 as well.
Craig-S

POSTER_ID:3807150

Send a message
Attachments

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Moving to the House Numbers forum. Per that forum, please read the documentation.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
no1uknow wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Moving to the House Numbers forum. Per that forum, please read the documentation.
Can you provide the link to where this discussion moved. I thought this was the House Number forum? :?:
I am having this same issue where odd/even numbers are on the same side of the street and cannot be entered properly.
This thread was started in the App Issues and Requests forum.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
n8nagel wrote:I'm not sure why Waze decided that only L3s and higher could force addresses, but at the same time you probably don't want complete n00bs doing it either.
That's exactly the conflict and the constant source of frustration for newer-ish editors: the battle of map protection vs. abilities of new editors. All you need right now is to apply for Area Manager rights and you're golden. I think that's a good enough compromise.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jemay
Nice detail, but you put this request in the wrong forum.... Search for the US update forum.
jemay
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
:arrow: PLEASE READ: Wiki Resources: FAQ|Best Practices|Editing issues?
Global Champ | Assistant Regional Coordinator for US South West - CA,NV,UT,AZ,NM,CO,HI | CM for US

Android & Carplay - Verizon

Post by n8nagel
yes, it is frustrating as there are several streets very close to me where the house numbers are sequential on one side of the street, there is simply no way for me to enter them so those streets won't get house numbers until a L3 or higher comes along and puts them in, or I become a L3 and remember to go back to those streets (not likely any time soon.)

I'm not sure why Waze decided that only L3s and higher could force addresses, but at the same time you probably don't want complete n00bs doing it either. Maybe L2 would be a better compromise? Just so many addresses that need to be forced in my area, it'll never be right unless lower level editors can force.
n8nagel
Send a message

Post by n8nagel
Good point, but I doubt I personally have enough edits even for that (don't you need 5K? I am somewhere between 2K and 3K) and where I live already has an AM - in fact he PM'd me when he saw me making a lot of edits, and as a result of that discussion we've been going back and forth about how to handle some of the more obnoxious things the county did with road naming and addressing, so that's working out well. I actually did some changes yesterday as a result of one of those discussions and a trial run, those changes should be live soon hopefully.
n8nagel
Send a message

Post by no1uknow
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Moving to the House Numbers forum. Per that forum, please read the documentation.
Can you provide the link to where this discussion moved. I thought this was the House Number forum? :?:
I am having this same issue where odd/even numbers are on the same side of the street and cannot be entered properly.
no1uknow
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor
Send a message
no1uknow :twisted:
Harrisburg, PA, USA

Post by no1uknow
no1uknow wrote:
Found what I was looking for by searching a little harder...
Everyone should read this first:
http://www.waze.com/wiki/index.php?titl ... ers_in_WME
no1uknow
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor
Send a message
no1uknow :twisted:
Harrisburg, PA, USA