Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Android v3.7.3 Official Feedback Thread

Post by
What's New

- Search bar accessible on map
- Cleaner map UI - elements on map appear based on distance and duplicate reports grouped together
- 1080p support
- Optimization & bug fixes

POSTER_ID:213312

Send a message

Post by a4bolek
CrackedLCD wrote:Firing up the new version and being able to see street names now on my Droid DNA? It's like I just got a whole new toy again. Thanks!
How come you have not joined beta group? Issue with 1080p device has been fixed two months ago :?:
a4bolek
Send a message
Hardware:
Nexus 6P Android 7.0
Nexus 5X Android 6.01
Nexus 10 Android 6.01
Waze 4.6.0.1

Post by a4bolek
jaimitop wrote:Hi,
is the crash issue ever going to be fixed? Or just waiting Google to kill this app in favour of Maps?
It's only me who think that Waze become unstable just after Google bought it?
BTW, i have a Galaxy S2 (I9100), tested with both stock 4.1.2 and custom 4.2.2 (CM). And Waze 3.7.3.
Why would you kill hen that lays golden eggs? Google uses real time traffic data and trouble reports generated by Waze crowd. :lol:
a4bolek
Send a message
Hardware:
Nexus 6P Android 7.0
Nexus 5X Android 6.01
Nexus 10 Android 6.01
Waze 4.6.0.1

Post by a4bolek
BigVDawgy wrote:
m-t-brandao wrote:Just happened again.
Sometimes I only notice when get to the destiny and grab the phone to turn off waze. It was already off.
Been happening to me every time now since the update. I turn Waze on, put the phone down, arrive at my destination and Waze is already off. The app is pretty much useless at this point.

Nexus 4 running 4.3 Build JWR66Y

Anyone know how to get back to the 3.7.2 build?
If you are not moving Waze will timeout after 5 minutes. Previous version had 10 minutes timeout. It should not happen if you have active route.

Before accepting updates backup previous version of app. You can painlessly restore if something goes wrong.
a4bolek
Send a message
Last edited by a4bolek on Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hardware:
Nexus 6P Android 7.0
Nexus 5X Android 6.01
Nexus 10 Android 6.01
Waze 4.6.0.1

Post by a4bolek
ienupar wrote:Dear Waze,

After the last update to the 3.7.3. version i am facing a serious issue that is making me consider removing Waze for good. Almost every time i turn the application ON, i get the Welcome to Waze Splash Screen as if it is the first time i ever opened it on my phone. I am asked to log on again, choose my nickname and if i want to import any favorites. Even worse, all of my settings are gone.

I had some major issues with the Facebook friends, as i had connected my FB account, but it always showed 0 (zero) friends and asked me to spread the word. In reality, i should have around 20 friends from FB, but they are intermittently visible in my Friends group.

Last but not least, the application suddenly crashes or makes the phone restart. I have already tried to wipe everything out and do a fresh install. Worked ok for 1 day, then the same issues occurred.

My device is a Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus, latest Updates for Android and for Waze.

Best Regards,
ienupar
I have read reviews in Play Store. All of them. I have not seen yours. :?:
a4bolek
Send a message
Hardware:
Nexus 6P Android 7.0
Nexus 5X Android 6.01
Nexus 10 Android 6.01
Waze 4.6.0.1

Post by a4bolek
CrackedLCD wrote:
a4bolek wrote:
CrackedLCD wrote:Firing up the new version and being able to see street names now on my Droid DNA? It's like I just got a whole new toy again. Thanks!
How come you have not joined beta group? Issue with 1080p device has been fixed two months ago :?:
CrackedLCD wrote:I applied but never was accepted. That was either late last year or early this year, if I remember correctly. Judging by the massive amounts of problems they have after each Android release, it sounds like they need all the help they can get!
Yes, they need all the help. Sad thing is they ignore most of it. Consider this thread. It was started by person from outside of Waze team. There is no participation from Waze team. Most reports about crashes go unanswered yet reviews in Play Store are just great. :shock: Something is amiss here.
a4bolek
Send a message
Hardware:
Nexus 6P Android 7.0
Nexus 5X Android 6.01
Nexus 10 Android 6.01
Waze 4.6.0.1

Post by admclamb
V3.7.3 crashes when I try to use navigation. Is there any way to roll back to V3.7.2? It worked fine with my device.
Aaron
Pantech Crossover P8000
Android 2.3.6
admclamb
Send a message

Post by admclamb
Vardok wrote:Hello patepat!

We found a temporary solution here: viewtopic.php?f=223&t=60066&p=542037 # p542037.

The bug occurs when you saved the address of your home or another address favorite.
You must delete all the rows in the "history" file that is on your SD card in the waze folder.

Hoping that an update fix this issue.
Thank you Vardok! That fixed my crashing. I appreciate the help!

Aaron
admclamb
Send a message

Post by aivarsbiezbardis
Waze 3.7.3 crashes every time I try to:

- click on "navigate" button
- click on the search bar in the main view

It's impossible to navigate...

I've already tried to uninstall/install.

Never had such a problem before 3.7.3.
My phone is LG L5II, with newest android.
When resolve this problem?
Why ignore this problem?
aivarsbiezbardis
Send a message

Post by aka_serge
More stable release then the previous one.

Отправленно от моего Nexus 7 с помощью Tapatalk 4
aka_serge
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by alextsipin
It doesn't. Nexus 4 with Android 4.3 build JWR66Y.
Uninstall and install Waze twice, factory reset the phone –Waze still crashes.
alextsipin
Send a message