Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by baudav
Regression: crash if in background! crash if screen off!
gaz station allways not work. Can't set gazole, more time no gaz station menu.
=>return to 3.7.2.0 (more stable)
baudav
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
mousepl wrote: 2. Police hazard, traffic hazard? It's not working! Hazards are displayed for 5-10 minutes and then disappearing...
True. The "Alerts time" article says that user's alert should be on a map at least 1 hour, but in fact it disappears after 15 minutes max. This is way too quick (at least for the Poland) IMO.

If it's not a bug or other countries need shorter timeouts then I suggest we set this timeout for 1,5 hours and then divide it by the "Road Rank" (i.e. short timeouts for busy roads).
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
argus-cronos wrote:Stupid behaviour with setting a startpoint on the map for navigation:
The startpoint only appears on the map after i really search for a new destination but not when i go back to the map to tap on a road to set it as a destination point. :evil:
Same here :(

Here is a workaround: select a start point and then select any item from your history list as a destination. After that you can tap a road on the map to route there from the start point selected before.
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
a4bolek wrote:Consider this thread. It was started by person from outside of Waze team. There is no participation from Waze team. Most reports about crashes go unanswered
IMO it does not matter who starts the thread. We always discuss releases in feedback threads and Waze staff always (at least) read it. Confirmed bugs go into Waze bugzilla: https://bugs.waze.com

And please stop sending PMs about reviews in Play Store. Thanks!
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by BigVDawgy
m-t-brandao wrote:Just happened again.
Sometimes I only notice when get to the destiny and grab the phone to turn off waze. It was already off.
Been happening to me every time now since the update. I turn Waze on, put the phone down, arrive at my destination and Waze is already off. The app is pretty much useless at this point.

Nexus 4 running 4.3 Build JWR66Y

Anyone know how to get back to the 3.7.2 build?
BigVDawgy
Send a message

Post by bradstallion
Hi All,
my phone: B94M with Android 4.2.1

Waze 3.7.3 crashes every time I try to:

- click on "navigate" button
- click on the search bar in the main view

It's impossible to navigate...

I've already tried to uninstall/install.

Never had such a problem before 3.7.3.

Thanks a lot
bradstallion
Send a message

Post by bradstallion
Vardok wrote:Hello bradstallion !

We found a temporary solution here: viewtopic.php?f=223&t=60066&p=542037 # p542037.

The bug occurs when you saved the address of your home or another address favorite.
You must delete all the rows in the "history" file that is on your SD card in the waze folder.

Hoping that an update fix this issue.
Thanks a lot!!!!
I deleted the whole directory "waze" (I had not specific setting, just "home" address) and it works!!
:D
bradstallion
Send a message

Post by brone44
Here's my (recent) problem, using Android 3.7.3 on a Nexus 4 phone, in the US: I cannot search for destinations. When I try, I get a "No Results Found" message. If I uninstall and reinstall Waze, search works for about a day, then stops working again. Everything else works fine. This has happened three times over the last two weeks. I submitted my log files.
Any ideas? I apologize if I'm in the wrong forum, but it's confusing trying to figure out exactly where and how to submit bug reports. I like Waze a lot, but if this can't be fixed, I will have to go back to Google maps.
brone44
Send a message

Post by Capper20
+1 m-t-brandao I hadn't noticed the issues until I was on a long drive with a long section of road where Waze wouldn't alert me for a while, where I was due to turn it didn't alert me and once screen was back on the app had closed down. N4 4.3 latest Waze. Last one was perfect. What happened???!
Capper20
Send a message

Post by Capper20
I did a 3 hour drive over the weekend and prior to starting the journey the app closed down 4 times when I turned off the screen. When I drove I left the screen on and Waze did not crash.
Capper20
Send a message