These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by CBenson
The road closure feature remains very buggy. My last issue is posted here.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by CBenson
memebag wrote:Motorola Razr HD here, running Android 4.1.2.

Waze 3.7.3 crashes every 5 minutes, on average, while driving. There doesn't seem to be any pattern to when it will crash.

Also, the map is littered with "backward E" symbols. When I click on one of them, Waze also crashes.

I send error reports every time it crashes. It's been doing this for a month or so now. Getting very tired of it.
This thread may interest you: http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=46595
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CBenson
Things continue to go bad if there are problems when getting a route to an intermediate stop.

This morning I routed to a gas station from the middle of my route using the add-a-stop feature. The routing server failed to return a route. Thus, my route remained direct to my final destination. However, the menu now says clear stop even though there is no route to the stop.
ClearStop.png
(58.83 KiB) Downloaded 1159 times
The pin also shows on the map even though there is no route the stop (the ETA shown is to the final destination).
NakedPin.png
(46.58 KiB) Downloaded 1161 times
After driving to the stop, the purple line shows up as a reroute to my final destination. However the pink stop icon remains in the ETA window and the ETA given and distance given appear to be to the next turn. This problem remained all the way to the final destination.
StopETA.png
(49.94 KiB) Downloaded 1160 times
Logs sent multiple times between 12:35 UTC (8:35 AM EDT) and 13:00 UTC (9:00 AM EDT) on October 2, 2013. However, several times an error was returned when sending logs, so its not clear what actually got sent.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CrackedLCD
Firing up the new version and being able to see street names now on my Droid DNA? It's like I just got a whole new toy again. Thanks!
CrackedLCD
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by CrackedLCD
wasu6 wrote: 3) Sometimes it shows the "uh-oh" dialog, claiming no gps signal in current location, when trying to report fuel prices. The gps lock does work in that location, the gps icon does not blink and even the waze navigation does work so it's only the fuel reporting that fails to pick this up.
Mine's been doing that ever since I first got Waze last year.

When it says "no GPS" just immediately do the gas report again and it should work. I don't think I've ever had it flake out twice in a row.
CrackedLCD
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by CrackedLCD
a4bolek wrote:
CrackedLCD wrote:Firing up the new version and being able to see street names now on my Droid DNA? It's like I just got a whole new toy again. Thanks!
How come you have not joined beta group? Issue with 1080p device has been fixed two months ago :?:
I applied but never was accepted. That was either late last year or early this year, if I remember correctly. Judging by the massive amounts of problems they have after each Android release, it sounds like they need all the help they can get!
lmcteo wrote:on my samsung ace 2 which is a dual core with 768mb ram the animation is smooth but on my zte v987 which is a quad core with 1gb ram there is considerable lag in animation of pop-up window whenever i press the key for reports or menu. not sure if it's a chipset issue but the v987 more than doubles the antutu score of ace 2 so i find this phenomenon quite strange.
I can confirm that this is also the case with the HTC Droid DNA; it too has a quad core processor. I've run it side by side with Waze on a Samsung Galaxy S variant (single core) and a Moto Droid Razr HD (dual core) and both run very smoothly. Only the quad core device suffers. I certainly don't have this issue with other apps on the DNA. Everything else flies compared to the slower devices. Except Waze. :?:
CrackedLCD
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by CrackedLCD
memebag wrote:Motorola Razr HD here, running Android 4.1.2.

Also, the map is littered with "backward E" symbols. When I click on one of them, Waze also crashes.
The backwards E is an avert for Eminem's new album, believe it or not. I Urd's it does up anywhere you can purchase the CD.

Are you viewing the map in 2d or 3d?

Sent from my Droid DNA using Tapatalk 4
CrackedLCD
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by CrackedLCD
memebag wrote:
CrackedLCD wrote:The backwards E is an avert for Eminem's new album, believe it or not. I Urd's it does up anywhere you can purchase the CD.
I hope you're kidding.
CrackedLCD wrote:Are you viewing the map in 2d or 3d?
3D, I guess. Whatever the default is.
Not kidding. It seems to be one of the most polarizing ads Waze has ever done.

Have you tried switching to 2d? That solved the crash problem for someone earlier in the thread.

Sent from my A700 using Tapatalk 4
CrackedLCD
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by CTGreybeard
Nel101 wrote:I wonder too if it's the app or the server.
I've checked the Live Map and it's routing poorly too. ETAs are way off if a highway (freeway?) is involved. That tells me it's not the app but the back-end server.
CTGreybeard
Send a message

Post by CTGreybeard
This problem has been discussed at length today. There appears to be some problem, as yet unidentified or acknowledged, with the routing servers.

My suggestion is to simply drive what you believe to be the best route and ignore any unusual routing from the app for the next day or so or until the problem is acknowledged and corrected by Waze.

In particular it looks like the timing for freeway (and perhaps other) roads has been corrupted leading to Waze suggesting "faster" routes that are not actually faster.

You may try setting your app to prefer "shorter" routes but that wouldn't guarantee you would get a "better" route.
CTGreybeard
Send a message