Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

[SCRIPT] DrivesTabEnhancer v0.6 (Obsolete)

Post by
Please Note...
The functionality of this script has now been integrated into the URO+ script, and this standalone version is no longer supported.

This is a quick dust-down of an old script I started writing a little over a year ago but abandoned due to a lack of understanding how WME was behaving behind the scenes. With an extra years-worth of experience poking around in the WME code, and spurred on by a chance comment elsewhere in the forums, here's a version which now works more or less as originally planned...

So, what does it actually do? Simply, it modifies the Drives tab in the standard WME UI so that, on the first page of results, it shows the drive summaries for every drive in the user history which is fully available, as opposed to just the first 5 drives in their history.

This means that, when the user clicks on the summary for any drive on that first page, WME will then display the drive trail on the map. Any drive not shown on that first page is then only available as a summary - based on the behaviour of my own Waze account, it appears that full histories are only available for the past 2 weeks-worth of drives.

By placing all the fully-available drives on the first page of the tab, it both serves to indicate which drives are fully-available for viewing and also reduces the number of pages on the tab, minimising the number of clicks required to search back through the summaries.

Note that due to the weird URL-redirection-juju going on in WME beta, I haven't enabled beta support in this script yet...

Firefox+Greasemonkey version: http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/176855
Chrome packaged version: http://crx.chizzum.com/DriveTabEnhancer.crx

POSTER_ID:16778143

Send a message
Last edited by Twister-UK on Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:33 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Twister-UK wrote:The DTE functionality was integrated with URO+ (viewtopic.php?f=819&t=29054), at which point I stopped maintaining this standalone version.
Should this thread be locked? Maybe update the OP with this message?
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by dknight212
ah, was just about to post about beta support (it nukes the left menu system) then I actually read the whole of your post ...

And personally I'm not hugely in favour of more acronyms to learn! Would it be possible to spell it out more in the Extensions page?
dknight212
Send a message

Post by foxitrot
Twister-UK wrote:... Simply, it modifies the Drives tab in the standard WME UI so that, on the first page of results, it shows the drive summaries for every drive in the user history which is fully available, as opposed to just the first 5 drives in their history.

This means that, when the user clicks on the summary for any drive on that first page, WME will then display the drive trail on the map. Any drive not shown on that first page is then only available as a summary - based on the behaviour of my own Waze account, it appears that full histories are only available for the past 2 weeks-worth of drives. ...
Could you please try to do the same checks with Areas tab? There are occasionally reports that some of the listed are not functional. I believe I've seen this as well in the past. I can imagine that older Areas could be listed like some older Drives, but it similarly might be not possible to display them.
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
...with the good old crashing :roll: Symbian 2.1.99.114 (on N-E52), while
trying to get used to the good new asocial Android 4.xx.0.yyy (on OP-X March-me-Low).

Post by foxitrot
There is possibly a problem with the plugin, if none of the displayed drives can be selected: viewtopic.php?p=580275#p580275

foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
...with the good old crashing :roll: Symbian 2.1.99.114 (on N-E52), while
trying to get used to the good new asocial Android 4.xx.0.yyy (on OP-X March-me-Low).

Post by Kuhlkatz
For what is worth, you can still use the Beta without disabling it.
Select and deselect a segment and the left menu should be back, original drive tab included.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
Kuhlkatz
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Carel Cornelius
AM : Centurion & Sandton, ZA
CM & Coordinator, South Africa
(HTC One, Android 5.0.2, v7.19.401.51)
[img]https:///DwNb3R[/img]
South African Wiki Waze Wiki Map Editing

Post by Olestas
Please change link in first message accordingly to new versions... tried to download version 0.1 with no success until decided to read whole topic.

A useful script anyways.
Olestas
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by Olestas
Note that due to the weird URL-redirection-juju going on in WME beta, I haven't enabled beta support in this script yet...
Olestas
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by Olestas
So there is no way to get detailed drive history on all other drives?
Olestas
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by Olestas
Not working in new WME.
Olestas
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by OyyoDams
Hi,

I can't get it to work in the beta editor (left panel goes blank).
OyyoDams
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message